Thursday, July 12, 2007

Contemplation.

It took me by surprise. I had literally just left a message on Betty's blog, saying that I didn't have any men in my life at the moment and what was to happen? Climber Dude text me inviting me out to lunch. He works shifts and he had the day off. You see since all that dating weirdness I had with him over a year or so back I've always managed to make my excuses when he's asked me somewhere. They've always been as genuine as I can make so the text said this...
"Hey Gretta, I am sure you do! But do you have lunch plans?"
I figured that was him inviting me to lunch, now after the past I should have probably said no, but considering recent events, I thought what the hell, lunch with Climber Dude wont be so bad. So I responded.
"this is gona probably really shock you... But lunch sounds great. What time?"
Anyway, we went to lunch together at a little pub near I worked, we both pain so it wasn't a "date" or at least I didn't feel like it were a "date". However, it was actually really good, and I'd go as far to say as I quite enjoyed it. We just chit chatted there was no awkwardness, I didn't feel like he bored me and I don't 'think' I bored him, I didn't come away thinking I never want to spend alone time with you again. Now for Climber Dude that's a real improvement.
He's got a really great body, I can't say I am that attracted to him, but with him being into climbing he is very muscular which is nice. haha and obviously I noticed his muscular arms that were showing through his slightly tight fitted t-shirt.
It wasn't strange, it wasn't anything too much for me to handle, it in fact just felt very comfortable like a friend. He told me he is thinking about going away next year, he's in the medical profession and wants to use his ability to help people in need, so might do some kind of mission work. I found that quite endearing, the only guys I seem to end up talking to are selfish guys like Flatmate and Jerk Boy who are always looking out for number 1. Although I have received a text from Jerk Boy asking me 'if I am ok?' today which was a bit random and out of the blue, he does like to check in on me from time to time though so he's not THAT self centered.
Anyway, I am not thinking anything about Climber Dude really, just that it was a nice lunch and I am glad I went, if he asks me again, I might say yes again. Hmmm.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

Good on you Gretta, get on out there! I think it was a date :)

3:34 PM  
Blogger bondibetty said...

It was SO a date. But that's great!

I'm beginning to realise that the ones who sneak up on you might have the best intentions.

Give it a chance. If only for practice.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Gretta James said...

Scotty: I really don't think it was a date but yeah it was good to get out there.

Betty: It was sooo not a date but if he asks again (I am not sure he will but if he does) I will give it a chance.

Gretta

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home