Wednesday, July 11, 2007

And they lived happily ever after?

Flatmate was online today. Even though I had him blocked I could see he was online. So, I unblocked him and said "hi".
Flatmate: you've decided to unblock me then?
Gretta: yep
Flatmate: ok then.
Gretta: I text you twice asking you to come online and you didn't?
Flatmate: I'm sorry I should have come online when you asked.
Gretta: I am sorry, I thought that Saturday was really good, I asked you to come online and then you didn't.
Flatmate: You blocked me and be honest if you hadn't seen me online today I would still be blocked!
Gretta: Well, I asked you to come online I kept you unblocked for 2 days after that and you still didn't come online, when I'd specifically asked. I clearly needed you too so yeah I did block you I needed time.
Flatmate: I've said I'm sorry.
Gretta: ok.
Flatmate: So that aside how have you been?
Gretta: yeah good. You?
Then it got a bit flirty after that and at the end I said to him
Gretta: Flatmate?
Flatmate: yeah?
Gretta: You do realise this goodbye?
Flatmate: Really?
Gretta: I am not good for you and you know that.
Flatmate: I think you're over-reacting. So what you're just not gona talk to me ever again.
Gretta: it's goodbye, I guess the reason I unblocked you was so I could at least say it. I don't want you to be angry at me, I just want you to understand.
Flatmate: Well, you can't control my anger but I do understand.
Gretta: I did have fun and I think you should marry Gifty, you've been with her for over 2 years and you don't seem to have plans on ending things with her. She's clearly a good catch to stick by you when you've had problems. I want you to be happy.
Flatmate: yep I wish you the best for the future too. Well, then I guess that's it.
Gretta: yep it is. Please can you get rid of the gifts I bought you and the photos you have of me.
Flatmate: done.
Gretta: thanks I do appreciate that.
Flatmate: Bye
Gretta: Bye
Then I blocked him and not just blocked him but deleted his email address. I mean I still remember it off by heart but still. I have done the right thing haven't I. I've kind of wanted to email him more but I figure if I were to do that I'd just be playing with both his and my emotions. I have done the right thing. I have.

5 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

I honestly think you'll be happier that you aren't worried about where he is, and what he is doing, all of the time. Time will be good to you, I am sure of it..

8:41 AM  
Blogger Gretta James said...

Scotty I know you're right. I am probably gona need some tough love with you reassuring me though...

8:47 AM  
Blogger bondibetty said...

You have done the right thing. You will question it. You will maybe even email him again. But you'll want to less and less and then one day will go by and you won't have thought of him. Time honey... time.

And some tough love? If he really cared about you he would fight to have you in his life and not have just laid down and said goodbye.

Clearly he doesn't know what he's missing!!!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Get rid of the gifts he's given you? I guess they weren't that spectacular anyway. And you weren't gonna keep those pics anyway, right? :D

5:48 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I felt like I could feel what you were feeling as I read this. You did the right thing. Letting go, even when you know you have to, is still so incredibly hard. Hugs to you!

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home