Monday, July 09, 2007

Plans for the week

Yesterday was fun in a me and Jerk Boy kind of way. He came over for lunch, I did a lasagne with salad and garlic bread. It was actually really good – I was very impressed with my creation, for pudding a raspberry cheesecake from Marks and Spencers haha. Only the best for Gretta.

Jerk Boy loved it and commented on how as a wife I should cook and clean for him, I responded by saying if I were his wife and cooking every day for him there is no way I’d be doing all the cleaning but as I see him as a guest and not a husband, and as I have dishwasher it’s actually not a BIG deal me doing the cooking and cleaning.

We then just hung out watching the Sunday afternoon sport on TV. It was great just hanging with him, it was comfortable and it was just us being us. No snuggles, but I did get him to sit on my feet because they were cold. He’s such a good friend, he knows some stuff about the Flatmate incident and I know stuff about some stuff he’s going through with a girl he knows and we just kind of lean on each other and it’s just the right balance.

In other news – climber dude has shown his face again. He’s been off climbing mountains somewhere in Europe for, I don’t know however long, and last night me and Jerk boy met up with some friends for poker and he was there. Ahhh, surprisingly he wasn’t too full on but I did notice that where ever I sat down he appeared sat next to me no matter what I was doing. I actually didn’t mind though which shocked me considering a few months back I didn't want to give him any impression of liking him, yet hearing about his climbing trip took my mind off Flatmate a little. You see generally I am ok in the day, when I am busy doing stuff it’s when it gets into the evening and the night that I begin to really think about him. It’s been over a whole week since I last spoke to Flatmate properly. I think this is the longest time since we met that we’ve gone without contact. Even when I was on holiday he was texting me daily.

I feel ok, I just need to keep busy and busy I shall be as 1) tonight I am meeting up with a longtime girlfriend we’ve been friends since the age of 6 it’s kind of cute really.

2) Tomorrow night I have a late night work meeting and this time Jerk Boy is gona be there so it means it wont be as hard going as last weeks and I get Jerk Boy as a distraction.

3) Wednesday night I am gona get some exercise in. I probably wont go to the gym I’ll probably do a fitness DVD or put on some loud music and dance around like a mad thing for a few hours.

4) Thursday night – I am hoping to meet up with a girlfriend, she text me today telling me she’d walked in on her bloke with another woman. To be honest I’ve never really thought much of her bloke so I am relieved but at the same point she’s heart broken and I want to be there for her, she’s told me she just wants to be on her own but I don’t believe that for 2 seconds. I certainly know the last thing I would want to be is on my own.

5) Friday night – possibly going to a comedy club with some girlfriends – possibly meaning to be arranged by Gretta at some point this week!!

However, keeping this busy means I shouldn’t be thinking about Flatmate too much at all and he clearly has already forgotten about me, I’ve not heard a peep from him.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

Wow Gretta, sounds like you have a pretty busy week ahead of you! And glad to hear that you are feeling ok!

7:57 AM  
Blogger bondibetty said...

Keeping busy is the way forward! Great to hear you're feeling a bit stronger.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Vengelyne said...

I've not called him since last Monday when he said I was irritating him... he hasn't contacted me either.

Damn, girl... why are we both in the same boat at the same time? This is just too weird.

I'm keeping myself busy and tiring myself out. I am thinking of him so much less now, which I am so glad of.

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the names of the characters in your life... JerkBoy... Flatmate... I think I've found a new interesting read! :)

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home