Friday, January 22, 2010

Men are from Mars

Over the last few weeks I have come to the realisation that I don't understand men..... At all.

I thought I understood them a little bit, I thought sometimes I could dicipher their words and actions to some extent. However, it would seem I was wrong.

I as a female am not silly enough to believe a man will call when he say's he'll call unless he's really interested. Yet, when a man says he'll call, but then doesn't call but then sends a message saying he's really sorry he hasn't called and will call in the next day or two, then I as a female think "ok he is going to call" but then he doesn't call. To me that makes no sense, fair enough not calling, but don't then send me an apologetic message saying you are going to call and then not call.

I as a female foolishly believe a man when he says he's going to do something for me. I believe it will get done. I don't necessarily account for the amount of time it might take between asking and then it being done and I don't necessarily account for the possibility it might never get done at all even if the man has said he'll do it and therefore end up having to do it myself.

I as a female don't think it's a smart move to spend any alone time with an ex, it doesn't matter if you're an ex from 1 month ago or 5 years ago. I'm more than happy to spend time within a group of friends with an ex, but I don't think alone time is appropriate. Yet, some men think it's perfectly acceptable to spend alone time with an ex. I as a female don't see the wisdom in it.

I as a female sometimes forget that a man is a man and when I talk to them in great depth about my man problems, my periods, my make-up and hair disasters I think they're interested. I expect them to show empathy to my situation but when they get a bit annoyed and tell me they don't have time for it and they'd rather go to sleep I struggle to understand why they're not responding as a woman would respond.

So, here I am pondering the bizarre events that have happened over the last few weeks and as I ponder I've found myself at a conclusion.

And I conclude that I don't understand the male of the species and I suspect I never will.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

Hmmm... :)

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home