Thursday, December 17, 2009

Being Set Up

Bestfriend has come up with a plan.

She knows a lady from her work who is lovely, her husband is lovely, and they have a 31 year old, single, son.

Bestfriend has managed to get her, her hubby, me an invite to this lady's house on the 27th December because her son is home for Christmas with the main aim to set me and her son up. We're going to take the Wii and have a games night, hopefully to take off the pressure, but my Bestfriend has told me I have to bring out the Gretta charm. I did tell her that the Gretta charm hasn't come out of the bag since before CD and Bestfriend said, Gretta you and I both know you're more than capable of pulling that charm out when you need to. So you need to pull it out.

This guy is studying to be a doctor in computer systems or something but from another city, he sounds ridiculously intelligent. Anyway, she's told this lady at her work (who I have met on the odd occasion the plan) and she loves the idea, she said she thinks I'm adorable and she's ready for grandchildren.

hello we haven't even been set up yet, but at least I have the mother in law on side, that makes a change usually mothers hate me. I have no idea why that is.

So yeah, I'm kind of being set up. We're going to nickname this guy Goliath because he's about 7ft tall, yeah I'm serious, he is ridiculously tall, scarily tall in fact, possibly the tallest person I'll ever come across in my life.

Anyway, so I'll keep you posted on how it goes with Goliath, my Bestfriend thinks that his parents are lovely, he'll be lovely, and she wants it to work for us, I think she has high hopes, but I've figured one thing out over the years, Bestfriend is usually a really good judge of character and I probably trust her more than I trust myself when it comes to the male of the species.

So watch this space.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Martin said...

I have just found your blog after googling the meaning of the lyrics "Took something perfect and painted it red" It took me to one of your posts

I don't think I have read a blog quite like yours. You must be a deep thinker, maybe I am too but I never write anything down.

How did the date set up go? You haven't updated since so I am guessing well?

Happy New Year!

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Martin said...

Sorry, you haven't had it yet. Its late and I am ill with a xmas cold. Good luck with the date tonight!

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home