Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Self Control.

Last night I went round a friend's house.
Jerk Boy was there and we were our usual bickering selves. He likes to test me and last night he was giving me a self control test, and put some cake in front of me and told me I wasn't allowed to eat it.
I have really bad self control and the friends that were there were giving reasons as to why I should eat the cake and Jerk Boy was giving me reasons as to why not to eat the cake....
Friend's Argument
1. You've never allowed a man to tell you what to eat and what not to eat. You should eat the cake.
Jerk Boy's Response.
1. That is emotional blackmail, just because guys have said things to you in the past doesn't mean that you should rebel now.
Friend's Argument
2. You look really good, you're weight is fine you don't need to lose any just eat the cake.
Jerk Boy's Response
2. All that is correct but this isn't a test about losing weight this is a test about your will power.
Friend's Argument
3. If you want the cake you should just have the cake.
Jerk Boy's Argument
3. You said you weren't hungry why eat the cake
It was like I had an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other. I took the plate of cake, I started to take the cake off the plate. I looked up and saw Jerk Boy shaking his head at me in disappointment. I put the cake back on the plate and said I'm not gona have the cake.
Friend's Response
1. Do you do everything Jerk Boy tells you to do. What Jerk Boy says go.
My Response
1. No I don't do everything Jerk Boy tells me to do, I have my own mind and right now it's made. I'm not hungry, I don't want cake, and I'm learning willpower and self control.
Truth is if I couldn't overcome the need for cake when it's on a table in front of me, how on earth am I suppose to get through other situations. So, Jerk Boy was actually right last night to encourage me because without knowing it his encouragement taught me a very valuable lesson.
And Betty you latest blog and the willpower you displayed ASTOUNDED ME. Go you and go me.

8 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

Was it chocolate?

7:49 AM  
Blogger Gretta James said...

Scotty: It was ginger cake. Jerk Boy would never deprive me of chocolate. He knows that could lead to death, his death by chocolate ;)

7:54 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

I was thinking that if it were chocolate, you would have pushed him away and eaten it.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Gretta James said...

Scotty: if it were chocolate no one else would be getting a look in ;) but if you were there, then maybe just maybe I'd give you a piece ;)

2:14 PM  
Blogger bondibetty said...

Can you two stop flirting ;o)

Hehehe: good on you for saying no.

Although, just a question - are you having some 'image' issues at the moment? Or just general willpower ones?

6:13 PM  
Blogger Vengelyne said...

Whatever action you choose, you'd still be accused of taking sides. =P

And yeah, I share Scotty's sentiment... if it were chocolate, you'd wolf it down. *teehee*

8:10 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Betty - ::Looks around::
Who's flirting?

9:49 PM  
Blogger Gretta James said...

Betty: No image issues. Well bar the fact I am a bridesmaid in September and I want to look the shiz in my dress.

Venge: You're so right I was in a lose lose situation - story of my life.

Scotty: *puts hand in the air as if she's at school* maybe me.

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home