Friday, July 20, 2007

Pop Art Model Gretta!!

I went out for lunch today with Climber Dude and his friend, we will call his friend Music Man. So I went for lunch with Climber Dude and Music Man. It was a nice lunch and we chin wagged about the new guitar Climber Dude had just bought after taking my advice of waiting until after his pay package.

I was chatting about how I really like Pop Art, and I have 2 favourite pop artists. Roy Lichtenstein and Andy Warhol (google them, they’re stuff is fab). Then I remembered that Climber Dude is pretty good at sketching art. Often on his climbing adventures he’ll sketch mountains and scenery so I asked him if he’d ever done any pop art stuff, or any slightly unique or funky art.

Anyhow, in the end we ended up deciding that he’ll get some canvas and some acrylic paint, and if I pay for that he’ll come over and attempt to do a pop art portrait of me. It’s quite scary really but it also sounds like a heap of fun.

So, now I have to figure out, what to wear and how to have my make up, at first I was thinking sophistication with a bun in my hair and some bright red lipstick, but now I am thinking geisha like could be quite groovey with some top eye list black eye liner doing something funky. Hmmm I need to figure out how to look and practice on my poses.

He did mention that he’d never done it before and I’m not to be upset if it turns out odd, but I just think it will be quite cool really.

5 Comments:

Blogger Princess Banter said...

Oooh pop portrait! That sounds super cool! Do the geisha one... that will be interesting!

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry messed that post up... anyway...

I like the bun idea... sassy and sophisticated. ;)

But I think the geisha idea is fun too!

3:44 PM  
Blogger bondibetty said...

Sounds like a fun thing to do! Tell us what you end up doing. Would love to see it.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

You must post a pic of it when its done... Scotty says so :)

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home