Thursday, July 19, 2007

Late night rant.

Flatmate is online. He hasn't said hello to me but he's at work. However, I don't want to start a conversation with him either right now so that's ok. I was only intending on popping online to check my email after a night out with friends. Yet, I find myself here wondering why Flatmate hasn't started a conversation with me. Maybe he's now wanting to push me away, to be honest he can do what he wants. I feel ok about things at the moment, I felt after that long chat the other day I got a lot of stuff off my chest and for the first time ever he told me exactly how it is.
So, today's been a slightly crappy day. Best Friend is stressing over wedding stuff and to be honest I also managed to upset her. I've been working hard lately and out of work I've also had some stuff to deal with.
1st: A member of my family is going through a divorce and I've been being a support to her.
2nd: A girl I used to work with found out her husband was having an affair and the girl they adopted had basically pushed him into it, so she lost her husband and her daughter in one swoop and I've been attempting to be a friend to her. It's very hard to know what to say especially when she gets emotion (which thankfully is very rarely).
3rd: My Rock has just found out her man has slept with someone else and I've been contacting her daily.
4th: I've had all this business going on with Flatmate. Best Friend doesn't know about it because she doesn't ask me about my love life because most of the time she knows she can't stop me doing what I want to do.
5th: I've also been battling with a medical issue, it's nothing serious but it causes me some pain and a lot of frustration at times.
However, with all this in mind this has been quite a stressful year for me. Not that is any excuse. With all this going on I have neglected Best Friend a bit but I thought she's got her man, they are in love, he won't do a thing to hurt her at this point in time she doesn't need me anyway! So I mentioned to best friend I was gona take a day off work at some point. She asked me if I could help move some stuff into her new place, you see when I was planning the day off I'd already thought to myself I need a chill day, I need a day to myself, a day when I am not thinking about every situation that is going on around me. I tend to only write here about my business as it's not fair for me to write about others business but it has been tough dealing with these situations. So, my response to best friend was I'd really like to rest on my day off but I'm happy to help you out on a Saturday, just when she gave me the date of the Saturday I looked in my diary and already had plans.
This upset her, she felt that I should help her instead of resting. I then felt really bad and you know what all the above stuff is excuses, she's my best friend I should help her, it's just I'm tired, fed up and quite low at the moment. By the way Flatmate still hasn't started a conversation with me. So anyway, I just feel like I've upset best friend and pretty crap but that's my rant out of the way.
Now there is a bed calling my name.

3 Comments:

Blogger bondibetty said...

Poor Gretta... It's so hard when you need ME time and other people can't see it. Can you maybe negotiate with her?

Maybe tell her you'll be over to hers by 2pm? That you need a sleep in and some rest before you'll be any use to her?

Then after you've helped her, take her out for a vino or 2 and listen to all her wedding drama's and then tell her about your drama's.

If she's your mate then she should be there for you, whether she agree's with your actions or not. Best friends don't judge.

Sounds like you're giving out a lot of yourself at the moment. Time for Gretta.

(Oh: and Flatmate's a knob, he's playing with your head like Johnny played with mine. It sucks.0

4:53 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

When Betty said that he's a knob, that reminded me of something. When I was in Australia I heard a girl describe a boy as a 'Tosser', that's what I think Flatmate is.

Everyone needs alone time, time to think for themselves and time for themselves. Take it when you can :)

10:15 PM  
Blogger Gretta James said...

Betty: Yeah it's just been a tough year and some me time would be good but when this wedding's out of the way i am sure best friend will be a lot less stressed. I can't really tell her about the Flatmate situation just if she'd known about it from the beginning it would have been fine but she knows nothing. All she knows is that I've received text messages that I haven't wanted her to see.

I have however said to her that after I'm done what I am doing on the Saturday I'll be over to help her move so I have managed to pin it in.

Scotty: We say the words 'tosser' and 'knob' all the time here. So it's not just an Aussie thing. Maybe you should give us some American slang lessons coz that would be fun hehe. And, I'll get my alone time.

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home