Monday, July 23, 2007

I don't understand.....

This pop art thing... So, I saw Climber Dude last night. Actually I found myself watching the door while at a friends house. Once they told me he was coming, I seemed to find myself wanting him to turn up. This concerns me, some people have been talking about 'zing' a lot on their blogs lately and I have no 'zing' with Clibmer Dude but why do I find myself looking forward to him turning up. Strange.
So, he turned up and we arranged a night for this pop art thing. He is going to come over after work on Thursday, to start sketching me. This is all a little odd I have to say. He works shifts and I realised he's pretty much be coming straight from work, so I've offered to cook him dinner. Now I'm a little weirded out, because I can't figure out what's going on with him really.
We went for lunch which I still don't believe was a date but just lunch, then he started being really mean to me (which I really don't like and I wont be spoken to like that). THen he offers to try and pop art me and now it's turned into me cooking for him while doing it and I now must admit this sounds more like a very odd date than lunch but nothings been done or said by him to give me that impression. He's never once tried anything on with me and I have no intention of trying anything on with him.
So where does that leave me?
I've decided that on Thursday I am going to ask him why he is often mean to me in front of other people making comments like
"Gretta, it's always the pub with you isn't it?"
And
"Gretta, do you eat chocolate, EVERY DAY?"
These sort of comments make me feel really crap about myself. So, if I tell him I don't like it when he says things like that maybe he'll stop saying them and if he stopped saying them then that would be a good thing because I quite enjoy spending time with him when he's not being mean to me. Oh I don't understand anything at the moment. It's all to complicated. :(

6 Comments:

Blogger bondibetty said...

Two ideas:

1. He likes you and boys sometimes be mean to the girls they like the most.

2. He's your mate, and boys are mean or rude to their friends sometimes.

Doesn't answer your questions though does it?!

How about instead of cooking you just order in pizza or something? No effort etc. Might make a statement and you can figure out what's going on then?

9:41 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

I think Betty is onto something with the 'no effort' deal..

10:08 PM  
Blogger Gretta James said...

Betty: I did think about option 1 because another friend noticed him being mean to me and said that's the kind of thing guys do when they like you but I can't see that really being the case because shouldn't you be nice to someone you like. We're not in high school.

2. If he is jibing me for a laugh because I'm his mate then fine but I always come away a bit offended!!! So why would a friend intentionally offend someone?

As for the pizza thing that sounds fine but when I offered to cook he was like
"cool I've never experienced your cooking before"
so I don't really think I can back out now because well, because that might look like I can't cook or something. As for the no effort thing I'll just whip up some fijitas really quickly, they don't take much effort and are extra yummy.

Scotty: ditto the above but yeah maybe I should have just said you could pick up some take out on the way. If only I hadn't said I'd cook lol what was I thinking?! doh.

1:30 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Hovering around the door waiting on the guy to show up sounds like "zing" to me?

4:06 AM  
Blogger Gretta James said...

2x: It wasn't zing. I am unsure what that was but trust me. It wasn't zing. I just think I was being needy.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Sometimes people say mean things in order to make themselves feel better. Sad, but true. But I tend to think it's because he likes you. Maybe he thinks he's just teasing you playfully and that's his way of flirting (badly).

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home