Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Pick up your phhhooonnneeeee!

I didn't speak to Flatmate at all yesterday. I'm very proud of me I feel like I am doing well for the stage I'm at. However, I've already realised that this weekend is going to be really tough. Basically most Friday night Flatmate spends with me however, the last few he's been cutting them short to see her so I've been getting pissed at him. That's kind of how the whole 'just' friends thing happened.
So, I actually had a weekend away booked with about 10 of my friends this weekend, all travelling North for 8 hours for some mad road trip. Sounded really fun, however, I told them I couldn't make it (because I clearly thought I'd be spending the Friday night with Flatmate and at that point I didn't want to miss that). Anyway, they filled my place with someone else arrgghh. So now the majority of my friends are away and I am gona be stuck at home for the whole weekend ALONE! You know that's a disaster waiting to happen, knowing me I'll end up contacting Flatmate. So I have an alternative plan.
About 6 years ago, I met a guy, we will call him Player because he is a huge player. He knows I think he is, I tell him to his face. Anyway, to get to the point Player doesn't live in my city, I met him when he came to work in my city for 3 months on week days then during the weekends he'd go home. He was friend of a friend of mine and during those 3 months we spend quite a bit of time together, I'd just broken up with a bloke I was seeing on and off for 3 years and Player was a great distraction. He obviously didn't know many people in my city, my time had suddenly gotten a lot freer so we spend a fair few week day evenings together - going to the cinema, having dinner together (because he was living in a hotel). To cut story short he was great company for those few months and we somehow managed to become really great friends and when I say friends I actually mean friends - absolutely no funny business at all.
He's recently bought a new house in the city he lives in and for the last few months has been trying to get me to go visit for a weekend and I've always said I will be have never gotten round to it. So I figure this weekend is the perfect weekend to get away from Flatmate and to distract myself why my mates are all living it up on their weekend away. So, I've been practically calling Player constantly and guess what.... He's no answering his phone, usually when he doesn't answer he calls me back within 24 hours. He hasn't so now I'm stressing I really need that weekend away this weekend. Grrr why wont he answer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vengelyne said...

Maybe Player has someone staying with him at the moment and it's not convenient to have visitors?

*hugz* Gretta, you'll survive even if you don't visit Player. Find some things to do. Go hang out at a cafe or something and people watch... or read a book there. Or bring your laptop. I do that on weekends just to kill time. =)

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah it sucks I have a desktop at home and work - grrrr I am suppose to be getting a laptop for work purposes ;) but as yet boss man hasn't sorted that out.

I dunno if I am here I know I am gona be in trouble. I need to get away arrrggghh. Even if it is unconvenient for Player he should drop everything for me, I am a long term friend I win hands down over all of his fluzis lol.

Gretta

11:10 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Not picking up the phone was definitely a big step, and I imagine things will only get a bit easier with time.. hang in there!

You still have a little bit before the weekend... what are your ideas so far?

1:14 PM  
Blogger j;ljk said...

Guys are so irritating! Hopefully he calls you back. If not, there are tons of guys out there, and friends are definitely the best medicine. You can get through this weekend!

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home