Thursday, January 28, 2010

Second Thoughts!!!

Last night I finally got around to texting Gary to try and sort out venue for our date on Saturday.

"Hi how are you? I'm not sure what food you like and remember you told me you were on a health kick. There is both a nice Mexican and nice Fish restaurant in town that do good lunch time deals - which would you prefer or if you have an alternative option you think would be nice that's cool, I like most foods - Gretta"

THEN THIS HAPPENED....

"Hi Gretta. Are you free Sunday instead? A friend is now visitng Fri and Sat. If not I'm sure I could still do Sat. I really like Mexican so my healthy eating will have to go out of the window for one day"

I WAS FUMING, IT'S TAKEN US HOW LONG TO GET THIS DATE. I JUST THOUGHT HE WAS PLAYING SOME KIND OF CRUEL GAME.

I rang Best Friend and asked what she'd do? She didn't really know, part of him sounds like he wants to go on the date the other part doesn't. I was just going to text back and say forget it, it's already taken over 2 weeks just to get a date after exchanging numbers.

Then my phone vibrates.

"Sorry Gretta, completely ignore that, Saturday at the Mexican is fine. See you then G x"

So, I figured he'd probably realised he was pushing his luck and he seems to have got is act together. Part of me was really excited by the fact that I'm going on my first proper date since CD, it felt right, it felt time, it felt good, but now I'm concerned that I've just managed to find myself another selfish man who wants to be in control and God forbid putting someone else first or thinking how hard it might be for them to have organised the date in the first place.

Ahhh well, lets see how it goes on Saturday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

so how did it go?!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home