Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The after effect

I went out last night witha group of friends, some of the usual suspects were there Jerk Boy included. Jerk Boy and Climber Dude both live fairly close to each other and Jerk Boy told me when we were chatting that Climber Dude had asked him if I was going to be there tonight. Climber Dude has no idea that I would chat to Jerk Boy about us, and Jerk Boy felt very proud knowing that Climber Dude had no idea taht Jerk Boy knew. Boys are funny creatures.
I couldn't bring myself to speak to Climber Dude last night, we were sat far away from each other nad although our eyes met a few times I had nothing to say, clearly neither did he and I left early.
This morning I received and email from Best Friend telling me Climber Dude had text her to ask if I was ok. I don't know what to make of it all at the moment, he's clearly concerned about me.
I said I'd go out with some friends tonight too and I fear he maybe there, in fact I reckon he is definitely going to be there, and I don't know if I have anything to say to him anymore.
So tip for the day: Don't date someone in your closest circle of friends - it's just hard going and it makes things awkward for everyone else too.

2 Comments:

Blogger bondibetty said...

Aw babe - it sucks but you'll move through it. His concern shows he's a decent person for sure, if he was an arse he wouldn't care at all.

Can you put him in the 'bad timing' bin and move on as friends? Good friends are hard to find

4:04 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Hopefully you can move on as friends. Nothing wrong with dating in the circle.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home