Monday, December 17, 2007

I told you so....

ok you can say it, it's fine say it. My mission to get Climber Dude completely failed yesterday. Failed. I don't often fail but I feel a lot more on top of things so maybe failure is what I needed.
So, Climber Dude sat me down yesterday and said these words to me - clearly because he'd noticed I'd upped the tempo.
"Gretta. I REALLY enjoy your company. I do. I'm just not in any place where I can have a relationship at this time"
WHAT A LOAD OF TOSH. Sorry boys but us girls know exactly what you mean when that line comes out. This is what it means.
It means; I'm not into you but I'm gona wait and see if something better comes along and if it doesn't then I've laid down a safety net, that may leave you hanging on a little and then I'll come back when I haven't found anything better.
Well, Climber Dude - you've really done it this time. Good bye Climber Dude, I am done with YOU.
But in other news. I do have more news.
Friday night was my sister's birthday and she's friends with the guy who was my childhood sweetheart at school, the guy who lived up my street when I was growing up, the guy who we on off liked each other the whole way through school.
I promised my sister I'd go into town and meet her for drinks, but I was aiming to go visit some friends after, so I drove and didn't drink. Anyway, he needs a nickname lets call him 'damper' he damp proofs houses for a job now. Anyway I offered to give damper a lift, as he said he'd go for a few drinks too. We just hit it off again, it was freaky, it reminded me of the past but even moreso it was unbelieveably comfortable. He sent me a message on facebook the following day at 9.30am in the morning and we've been messaging each other ever since. We haven't organised to go out or anything like that but we're still getting on really well! It's funny but when I meet someone like Damper I remember what it's like to just get on with a guy with no inhibitions, I don't know what's happened over the last few weeks but everything has just been complicated and hard work.
I don't know if anything will come of me and Damper being back in contact - there may just be a little too much history between us, but I tell you what it feels good to just relax and enjoy chatting to someone, rather than wondering if they have an alternative motive, or if they're interested or not, it's just nice. And nice it what Gretta needs right now.
Oh have I ever told you that Flatmate is into graphic design, well, he sent me a pic he's done of me, it's a bit naughty but I really like it, I really like it. I'm tempted to update my eye, my eye has been there for quite sometime. It is a bit naughty and it's flatmate's image of me and I guess he uses me to escape, I guess his image of me is a bit naughty, and I guess when it comes to Flatmate that's exactly what I am, nothing is good about that.
But what he's done is cool, it was his first attempt at this style of illustration and I think he's done a grand job.
So yeah look out later for my new profile pic. Exciting days.
And I promise, no more climber dude talk - I really am done with him, I'd rather him say I don't like you at all than leave stupid safety nets. I hate safety nets. Just so you know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

Ok, so I guess we won't all say 'I told you so' :)

3:55 PM  
Blogger coffeesnob said...

quite right. that tosh about "not being in the right place etc" besides being illiterate, is bogus. unmeaning. evasive. that's no way to talk.

what's so glorious about germany?

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home