Friday, January 04, 2008

For the girls (and boys) dateupdate

Ok so deciding what to wear was a nightmare.... We've been hanging out lots lately and he's used to me being casual so he'd know if I'd made an outright effort and even though I wanted to make an effort, I didn't want to be OTT. So, yeah it was a toss up between my black dress and brown boots that Best Friend says I look cute in or my tight dark blue jeans with a fitted red top (that goes great with my brunette hair and pale complexion) I went with the jeans and red top. I went for the natural look make up bar the fact that I had a massive zit on my chin that required, savlon, coverup and then a dusting of foundation but other than that I went for subtle with natural shades of eye shadow, little eyeliner and tips of lashes mascara. I kept my hair down but put enough clay in it to make it look that little bit suave and sexy.
I picked up some Ben & Jerrys for desert on the way, and turned up a few minutes late. I'm glad I didn't go overboard as he was dressed fairly casually. He cook Spag bol and although it's a fairly easy dish to cook it was really nice. Over dinner we had a chat and he asked if I'd thought anymore about our conversation and I just said that "we should take it a day at time and see how it goes" and he said that he sees are relationship changing so we turn into a couple and I explained to him that I've been single for a very loooonnnggg time and he'd need to be patient with me and he said he's also been single for a long tme and completely understands so we came the conclusion we'd take things slow and see how they progress.
After dinner we went to the lounge and we watched coach carter - he sat on what I call "his chair" and I led out on the sofa. Half way through the movie he came and sat at the end of the sofa near my feet and he was like "are you warm enough?" and I was like "yeah I am but my feet are cold as always" and he picked up my feet and sat on them for me - which I thought was cute. BUT.... Then I got cramp in my toe, so I took my foot out and started wiggling it around, but then the cramp went up my leg and I said "I have to stand up and get the cramp out" but when I stood up my leg buckled I couldn't even put my foot flat on the floor, he grabbed my leg and tried to stretch it out but I was like aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh don't it hurts and he went back and sat on his chair -I was so embarrassed, it was so funny as well tho and I kept giggling like a right idiot - I'm sure he thought he must be crazy and so must I at that point. I haven't had cramp like that in ages, it wasn't good.

Anyway, I hugged him goodbye (no kiss) for some odd reason I'm really nervous, we're not very touchy feely at this stage and I think it's because we've been friends for so long and that's making the trasition from friend to more than difficult. We're gona go for a drink tonight and I am excited but I'm also nervous and I want to not embarrass myself because that would be good and I am a little scared at how it's sped up only a few weeks ago he said he didn't want a relationship and now, I'm pretty certain he wants us to be in a relationship but I'm just feeling really nervous about it. I haven't been in a proper, commited relationship for 5 years, so I'm just out of practice really.
I'm a little concerned because some of the people I've talked to about it haven't been particularly encouraging; so for instance I know Scotty's view point which I can understand because of previous posts but I can promise you he's really putting the effort in now, best friend was concerned about the lack of effort he was putting in before he went away but is happier now I'm less confused, she does still find him a little arrogant though but I quite like that about him, Jerk Boy thinks I might be settling because I want a relationship and he doesn't know if we'd work, but the way I see it is at the moment I'm really enjoying his company, since getting back from being away at Christmas he's really made an effort and things seem easier, yes I'm not 100% sure but I can't rule it out either, I feel like I just need to take it a day at a time and see how it goes. I'm nervous but excited. Don't know if that makes sense to you guys? it does to me though.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

Makes sense. Although, don't forget that he didn't put much effort into it before. I mean, slow is good here I htink.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home