Tuesday, October 09, 2007

King Teddy...

After Scotty posted a poem on his blog from old. I fished out a poem I wrote about Teddy, after returning from my travels and us losing contact for a few months. I think I must have written it about a year and half ago but I don't really remember. It's a bit soppy, a bit personal but I hope you enjoy.

KING TEDDY
Your embrace so strong, so warm and tender
Your touch so amazing that I will always remember
Your heart so open for all to see
You were everything I needed and all I wanted to be

Your smile had a glint that sparkled in the dark
Your eyes like lasers looked straight into my heart
Your hair so soft that I longed to feel
You cherished me like no other, are you for real?

So caring, so protective, so generous, so true
You stared at me and I stared at you
So loving, so willing, so careless and free
I wanted you and you wanted me

Our friendship has changed from what it was
There seems to be distance and a lot less love
Although deep down I know you still care
It’s just not the same now talking to you is so rare

I think I need you more now than I ever needed you before
Which is odd because I seem to be a lot less insecure
Even though things can probably never go back to the way they were
You’ll always mean a lot to me and that’s the one thing I know for sure.

I can’t forget the tightness of your hug when I was feeling down
I can’t forget what you did for me when no one else was around
I can’t forget the smile you gave that made me feel so at ease
I can’t forget the comments you made, my you were a tease

I know you saw yourself as a bit of a king
I could understand why, you could have anything
It made me smile when you seemed so keen
If things were different I would have willingly been your queen.


3 Comments:

Blogger bondibetty said...

I love how sweet this is. You two obviously had 'something'.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Gretta James said...

yeah we did. I just don't think we're meant to have it again. That probably doesn't make sense but I think what we had was for a specific time and a specific place and I just don't think it's something we'll have again. I know weird.

2:57 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

I like it... very nice Gretta

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home