Saturday, October 06, 2007

If there were an award for most confusing man on the earth ever, Climber Dude would win it.

Last night I went to the pub with The Ex, I left his hoody at home though whoopsie - anyway, we got there a bit early, but we'd invited some other people to join us later so we had chance to catch up a bit first. So, we caught up for about a hour and then Best Friend and Hubby joined us and then a bit later Climber Dude turned up.
It was great to catch up with Best Friend I haven't seen her much since she's been married, but she's invited me over for Sunday lunch with her and hubby tomorrow so that'll be good. Anyway, Climber Dude was being strange again and this conversation took place.
Climber Dude: What time's the rugby on tomorrow?
Gretta: Coverage starts at 1.10pm
Climber Dude: kick off at 2 then I guess.
Gretta: Yeah I guess.
Best Friend and Hubby then leave the pub, and then The Ex goes to the toilet so me and Climber Dude our on are own. I had nothing to say to him really.
Climber Dude: I'm gona pop round yours tomorrow and watch the rugby with you.
He was that blunt, aren't you suppose to wait for an invite I thought to myself!!!!
Gretta: Well, yeah you're welcome to come round.
That was kind of a bit of a hint that maybe he should have waited to be invited.
Climber Dude: So, you've got the beer in right?
Gretta: Of course I have the beer in, and I also have some pizzas in the freezer to chuck in the over, I mean seriously you can't watch rugby without junk food and beer.
Climber Dude: Sounds great, I'll be there at about 1.50.
So it seems I have an afternoon with Climber Dude, however I expect him to text me at about 1pm to say something else has cropped up, it usually does. I actually quite liked the way he just invited himself round without asking though, it was as if I didn't have a choice in the matter, and as I've been soooo indecisive lately, his assertive decisiveness was actually a good thing.
Betty, I think Australia are gona kick our English arses, but it's always good to watch rugby men in shorts ;).

3 Comments:

Blogger coffeesnob said...

i'll be watching it with you too (i'm not waiting for an invitation either). i'll be right next to you - in the next hemisphere, in fact. though i'll be motoring along on coffee, kiwi fruit and bananas.

1:35 AM  
Blogger bondibetty said...

How'd it go? Looking forward to hearing about it...

Hope it went better than the game for the Aussies. Freakin' Gregan!? He should never have been brought back as Captain - he just plays so much better when he's not! I hate that little guy...

No... I'm not bitter at all.

CoffeeSnob: you can drink coffee at 11pm at night? I'd be awake for hours...

4:10 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

He is very confusing...

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home