Tuesday, September 11, 2007

He had his chance and he blew it

This afternoon while I was at work I got an email from Climber Dude
"Hi Gretta - we still on for Thurs? I was thinking maybe pizza and catch a movie? anything you wana see at the mo?"
I actually thought that's a great plan, I haven't had pizza for ages and pizza and movie actually sounds cool. So I replied saying
"that sounds great I'm not sure what's out at the mo but I've seen Bourne Ultimatum (not that I mind seeing it again) but it would be good to see something I've not seen already. As I don't know what's out if there's anything you fancy let's do that"
Thankfully I'm pretty easy with movies - being a girl naturally I love chick flicks but I appreciate guys often aren't that into them (well Jerk Boy is but only because he doesn't get a choice). I don't mind action or fantasy, I'm not so big on scifi but otherwise I'm pretty easy with movies.
Tonight, I look at my phone and there's a missed call it's from Climber Dude - I think to myself why's he called???
a. he's got the email and wants to discuss film, time etc
b. he's gona cancel
So I ring him back.
And yep he cancelled on me - he'd 'accidentally' double booked himself with some doo at his climbing club. He was genuinely sorry about it and kept saying "we will do it, we will do dinner and a movie" but my response and tone of voice I think was probably pretty clear my response was "sure" but my tone was "I don't believe it's ever going to happen".
If it were the first time he's done something like this maybe I'd be a bit more forgiving but do you remember the whole "pop art" saga. When I invited him round and said I'd cook why he draw me and then I get a phone call saying that his family is coming round and I can join them. At that point I wasn't comfortable to do the family thing and he never once instigated to try to re-arrange the pop art thing after I said I'd give that a miss.
I figure that I've been open, and he's let me down and maybe both times completely unintentionally but considering I've never really been sure about him, I've decided he's missed it. I'm not going to re-arrange the dinner and cinema night and if he tries I can almost guarantee that I'll be busy. I'm a busy person.

3 Comments:

Blogger bondibetty said...

URGH! I hate that! So annoying... Tom does that to me ALL the time, drives me crazy!

I've been known to cancel, but I always come back with another date and time in replacement. It's so frustrating when people do this?!

I'd suggest that he's had 2 of 3 strikes and he knows what that means...

4:33 PM  
Blogger bondibetty said...

Oh - and Bacardi is absolutely a rum... and it's DELICIOUS! I was drinking it on Sunday... yum!

It was out of a water bottle that was then poured into cans of Pepsi whilst watching the local Rugby League grandfinal. Honestly, who has a dry stadium?!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Climber Due seems like he is a bit come and go, can't make up his mind.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home