Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What to do now?

So, the most complicated 'possible' date ever.
Last night I was out with Jerk Boy we were chatting ourselves silly actually, flirting a little, but generally having fun like me and Jerk Boy do.
He often stares at my boobs mainly because I let him for while before placing my finger under his chin and bringing his eyes to eye level.
He often brings up the past, the days when I had a crush on him and again I allow him to because it gives him a boost of ego
He often says things to me that imply we're in a relationship and it's then when I tend not to let him get away with it, which is when I give him the stare of death which means now you've taken things one step too far, back off or we will have a row.
And generally that works for our friendship.
While I was with Jerk Boy last night I missed a call from Climber Dude. I didn't even feel my phone vibrate in my bag which is very unusual. When I got home it was really late and didn't want to call him back so I text him saying..
"Is everything ok? I missed a call from you"
To which he replied this and I haven't responded yet coz I don't have a clue what to do and I wanted to consult you guys before replying please help this is an urgent plea... His text said this..
"Wanted to speak to you about Thursday. I am gona have to change the plans I'm afraid. My bro's water has been cut off and him and his girlfriend are going to come over my place to use my shower and for some dinner. I'm cooking, so you fancy dinner at mine?"
I don't know what to respond to that. I've never met his brother before and I know I've been saying all along I don't "think" it's a date. However a family type meal sounds a little too scary at this stage. What do I do. Do I not go and have no stress about saying no or do I be brave and assume it's just dinner with a friend?
HELP.
p.s I am so glad I never answered the call in front of Jerk Boy I wouldn't have heard the end of it if he thought I was going to Climber Dude's for dinner.

8 Comments:

Blogger Vengelyne said...

I'd go for it if I were you, Gretta.

It's just a casual dinner outing with a friend.

Besides, at this point in time, you should be surrounded by more friends to take your mind off that idiot.

*hugz*

3:44 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

If you're not comfortable, say you're not comfortable and reschedule. It's that easy.

5:24 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

If it's just a casual dinner thing, I would say to go.. couldn't hurt anything. But, just like 2x said.. if you aren't comfy then reschedule.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Gretta James said...

Venge: if you were me you'd go for it.

2X: If I'm not comfortable I shouldn't go

Scotty: I should go but if I'm not comfy I shouldn't?

Oh I am even more confused now thanks you guys lol.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Vengelyne said...

Why would you feel uncomfortable, Gretta? It's so normal to have a friend of the opposite sex over for dinner.

Ok, maybe that's just me. >_< Good luck with deciding. But I still think it'd be good fun to know more people. :)

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd go... maybe he's a really good cook! ;)

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok well sorry to let some of you down but I chickened out. I told him that it was too late really for me to be eating. I know lame excuse but that being said I get to hang out at home tomorrow enjoying some good food cooked by me.

Ta for your help

Gretta xx

3:17 PM  
Blogger bondibetty said...

OK: are you starting to have feelings for this guy?

Cause you're spending a lot of time wondering if things are or aren't a date and he hasn't even kissed or tried to kiss you (has he?!)... Me thinks you're starting to like the idea of Climber Dude, whether you like him or not.

Big questio is: Is it the attention? Or him?

Sorry - can't ever help but stir the pot a little ;o)

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home