Monday, August 20, 2007

Honey I'm home.

I could write about my work convention. But I'm not going to, well I am a little bit. All you really need to know was it was hard work, but I learnt heaps - lots more than I ever expected I would. It was extremely tiring though, and no booze was consumed as we had to make sure our brains were always alert the following day. Of course I contemplating sneaking the booze in but I somehow decided against it. I was so shattered each night anyway!

So my birthday weekend went a bit like this. Totally stolen Betty's writing style but I'm sure she wont mind, will you hun?

1. Wake up at the work convention and greated with a birthday hug from Jerk Boy
2. Get a card from my team and some bath stuff from some of the girls on team
3. Arrive home 2 hours earlier than expected but completely knackered.
4. Run a hot bubbly bath
5. Start washing all my clothes
6. Eat dinner alone
7. Watch some TV
8. Get an early night

I know sounds like a pretty pants birthday but don't worry I made plans for the following day...

1. Get up
2. Get a call from Jerk Boy asking how long I slept in after the silly early morning we just endured. Decide we want to go see Bourne Ultimatum.
3. Meet up with Jerk Boy and 6 of his blokey friends to watch Bourne Ultimatum I was the only girl haha. Oh and Bourne Ultimatum was fantastic.
4. Get ready for meal at Best friends. I'd asked her for it to be just me, her and her fiance as I didn't want to do much after being with work people all week.
5. Arrive at best friend's place to see Intellects car outside - Intellect was there. Then the doorbell rang and Jerk Boy and another really close friend of mine turned up.
6. We ate enchilladas cooked by Best Friend and drank sangria and watched a girly movie. It was a lush surprise.
7. Best friend had bought me a huge basket of alcohol and chocolate the 2 things I can't go without lol.
8. Jerk Boy got me home after the sangria and carried my basket through the door for me.
9. Went to bed and fell asleep.

Had so many texts, cards and little gifts - I felt so loved.

I didn't get laid
Nor did I hear from Flatmate

In fact I haven't heard from Flatmate for a very long time now and I don't care. I guess it would have been nice to have at least had a "happy birthday" but I didn't and it's not the end of the world!

Um anything else to tell you, nothing really Climber Dude is off on his travels again he gets back in September sometime so all is quiet on that front.

I'm going to the pub tonight with Intellect.

I'm meeting a friend that is a guy tomorrow night we will call him weight watcher because he's been on weight watchers and lost loads, he's actualyl moved back to my city recently I've not seen him for a few years and the last time I saw him he was a BIG guy, so if what he tells me is true he might have shedded some of that weight so that'll be interesting to see.

Oh but the main exciting thing is... It's Best Friend's hen night on Saturday, so Gretta will play then :)

What a boring blog considering I haven't blogged in a while. Sorry people.

5 Comments:

Blogger coffeesnob said...

it's not about the flatmate.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Who are you calling Honey?

8:50 PM  
Blogger bondibetty said...

sounds like a divine birthday! surrounded by people who care about you and made time for you in their lives. awesome...

so what about presents? I love hearing about presents.

btw: did you really want to hear from flatmate? you saw Johnny's response... its better to hear nothing. trust me.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Gretta James said...

Coffeesnob: It's not :)

Scotty: You!!

Betty: My gifts weren't a lot really, had chocolates and booze from best friend, just card from Jerk Boy but he has this thing about buying great Christmas pressies instead, My folks gave me money, in fact most of my family gave me money, I got a few boxes of chocolates and a few bottles of wine. I guess I was lucky I didn't get some cold half hearted message but he probably didn't even realise it was my birthday! At least Johnny realised. Men bah.

Gretta

2:06 PM  
Blogger bondibetty said...

Johnny would have known it was my birthday because I'd invited a few of his friends to drinks and ran into a few of his teammates on the Sunday before. It would have come up in conversation.

Flatmate probably knew, he just didn't know how to handle it...

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home