Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Ever wanted to rip your teddy's head off?

I haven't heard anything from Teddy since May.
I'd sent him 2 emails and one accidentally on purpose text in hope that he'd contact me. He didn't.
I owe him money!
He said he'd visit at the end of July and I could pay him back then.
If you hadn't noticed, which clearly I have, it's now August!
I assumed not only was he now not visiting, that he didn't want to contact me anyway and even if he did visit he clearly didn't want to see me.
That was until today when I received this rather random, non apologetic text
"I'm finally coming over, work's been nuts lately, but I leave on the 27th. Email soon."
When I first read it I was crazy mad, like does he not realise I've been trying to contact him since May!!!!!
Now I've calmed down and realised that the date he's coming over clashes with Best Friend's wedding, of which I'm a bridesmaid. Best Friend has said he can come to the wedding.
That sounds like an ok plan.
I'm still slightly pissed but I am probably gona reply something along these lines
"you do realise that I 'should' be mad at you because, I've emailed you twice with no reply. However, I'll let it slide this once ;). I am a bridesmaid at a wedding, so there might be a few issues with the date when you're about!! If you're around then you're welcome to come to the wedding. I should be able to get some time off around then too so I can hang out with you. Just email me the details when you have them and let me know the plan"
If I send him that then the ball is firmly back in his court yes? and he also knows I've digged him slightly about the lack of contact yes? So now the question is - will he get back in touch with me with that plans?
He seems to have a habit of only contacting me when I've accepted I'll never hear from him again. So, if I assume that I'll never hear from him again, then maybe he'll stay in touch. Here's hoping.

6 Comments:

Blogger Paige Jennifer said...

No. No no no! Don't invite him to the wedding. Strike out at the wedding. Be flirty. Be sassy. Have fun without him lingering in the wings randomly yanking your chain.

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so with Paige... you can do it solo and have a swinging time!! :)

2:48 PM  
Blogger bondibetty said...

Do it! If he's not interested at the wedding then you've got a good mate there and can use him to scope out guys!

So what's the deal with this fella? You seem to be really into him. You've written about him before but I feel like I need more info. What do you want to happen when he gets to you?

4:17 PM  
Blogger Paige Jennifer said...

Okay, so I went back and read the link out to Teddy. I get it. He made an impact. He struck a chord. But listen, girly, there are men out there who are the entire package that Teddy offers PLUS being responsive. His interaction seems to be at his convenience. And you deserve WAY more than that!

7:02 AM  
Blogger *kb* said...

Ok, I'm also not 100% familiar with Teddy, but you are making yourself WAY available..."you can come to the wedding, I'll take time off to spend with you..." You need to do what you want, but let him work a little, you're worth it!! :)

7:32 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

I agree with *kb*. Going solo to a wedding is a good thing, there will probably be some single boys there. Meeting new ones is better than trying to let this guy (who fails to respond back to you) in.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home