Monday, August 06, 2007

Gretta's camping experience

Climber Dude – Guy who confuses me
Madge & Harold Bishop – Married couple I’m friends with.
Intellect – woman I used to work with related to the Bishops.
Jerk Boy – My bestest Boy…. Friend ever (slight crush situation a while back)
The X – Name self explanatory
TXFW – The ex’s future wife (name self xplanitary
Mangirl – TXFW’s friend who seemed quite manly
Smiling Kiddy – young boy who smiles a lot.
Best Friend – My bestest girlfriend ever
Flatmate – Cheating Scumbag who I fell for stupidly..

I arrived back late last night after what was probably the worst camping experience of my life. This has the potential to be a very lengthy post so I am not even going to attempt to keep it brief because I have too much to rant about - happy reading for you guys lol.

In my home city the sun was out – we were heading to the coast - even tho a 2 and half hour drive away you still expected the sun to be out.

I’d already decided I would only go camping with Climber Dude, Madge, Harrold, Intellect, The X, TXFW, Smiling Kiddy and Mangirl, in a tent, if the sun was out – Best Friend, her fiance and Jerk Boy all decided camping wasn’t for them. I should have also made that choice this weekend for many reasons but this being the first:- 10minutes before leaving I went to the toilet to find my period had arrived this wasn’t good. This wasn’t good at all!!

One of the reasons for the trip was to go surfing, now with my heavy flowing period this meant that surfing was out of the question. This pissed me off somewhat as I had a slight flirtatious plan. I was going to get Climber Dude to teach me to surf and in the process start some flirting in the water – I know, I know I’m already confused enough about this Climber Dude situation but this would be the ample opportunity to figure out exactly what all this weird stuff between us lately had been about.

We were about 10 minutes away from the campsite when low and behold it frigging pissed it down. The guys attempted putting the tents up in the rain with help from us trying to stop the tents blowing away in what seemed like high speed winds but I am sure it was because The X had decided to set up camp on a bloody high hill causing the wind to be more extreme. We were all soaked through and freezing cold. Bloody fantastic.

Went to bed that night in a tent with Intellect, TXFW, Mangirl and me. TXFW & Mangirl wanted to stay in a tent together as mangirl only knew TXFW and it worked out that Climber Dude, The X and Smiling Kiddy stayed in a tent together and Madge and Harold stayed in a tent together. So, while all the girls in my tent were sound asleep I was wide away, the wind was hitting the side of the tent, the rain was loud, I was fricking freezing my arse off and quite frustrated that I was the only one awake!

I woke up in a god awful mood, and trying to control my hormonal emotions all day long was going to prove a task, I decided the best option would be to get my head in a book and ignore everyone. Climber Dude and The X went off surfing while the rest of us staying in a pub waiting for the big dark grey clouds to disappear.

When I received a text message from Best Friend telling me her fiance’s dad was driving her up the wall and how she wished I was there to be able to get her out of the house for the weekend. I felt relieved truth was I wished for Best friend to be where I was so I could moan to her about how crap I was feeling.

Then Jerk Boy started texting me and we had a text conversation and I realised that my 2 best friends weren’t with me and I needed them so much but at least the mobile came in handy.

Climber Dude had hardly spoken to me the whole weekend and I was beginning to accept that he has never been interested, never wanted to date me, never nothing, just me reading too much into some extremely mixed signals! To me this weekend was going to make things clear to me, and on Saturday things were pretty clear, it was as if he’d purposely avoided me the whole weekend. Although I’d also purposely avoided not only him but everyone.

The sun finally made an appearance at about 6pm we headed down to the beach for a bbq. I drank a lot of wine and TXFW let me play with her fire spinny and for the first time all weekend I was having fun, wine induced fun but fun.
Climber Dude: do you think you should be playing with those
Gretta: Why shouldn't I?
Climber Dude: Well, you've had wine and you haven't really practiced
Gretta: I am spinning fire in circles I think I can manage without setting myself on fire, I am not gona do any twisty things like TXFW is.
Climber Dude: *gives me a stern look*
Gretta: *controlling my hormones than passes Climber Dude the camera then in a very stubborn determined toned voice* I am going to do this so if you could take a pic of me doing it then I'd appreciate it*
He took the camera and took photos and I really enjoyed doing the fire thing. It was cool. However I was also very aware that my hormones were on overdrive and I could quite easily be the centre of a major row if I didn't control them so I headed back to the campsite earlier than everyone else with Madge and Harold.

I went to bed, deciding that might be the best thing for me to do. I heard the others arrive back at the tent and I could hear a conversation out side fo the tent..
Intellect: Where's Gretta?
Climber Dude: I don't know, I thought she'd be here!
Intellect: *comes into the tent* are you ok?
Gretta: Yeah I'm just really tired, after not sleeping last night and all the wine I've just had.
Next think I know Climber Dude came into the tent and led on the bed next to me. I thought to myself I’ve pretty much wanted you to do this all weekend and now you appear when I am about to burst into tears, your timing is crap.
Intellect was still in the tent and I so wanted her to leave, finally Climber Dude had started showing me some attention. Intellect didn’t get it though and sat down on the bed the other side of me. At this point Climber Dude got up and left the tent. Great. That was it, that was gona be the only chance I had to figure out the mixed signals and intellect with her 'Intellect' didn’t read the situation.

I went to sleep and woke up the next day after a good night sleep to a very sunny sky. Climber Dude and The X had already got up and gone for a surf so I went and got ready. When they got back we all head to the beach and chilled on the beach for the rest of the day. Climber Dude showed me no more interest than coming and lying on the bed next to me for a bit.
I still am as confused as ever about him. I still know that if I did like him then I’d have to commit and that’s the one thing that puts me off liking him and should it? At this moment in time I am gona allow it too because I just don’t know what he’s thinking. I wish the sun had been out all weekend and I wish I wasn’t on my period and wish that Best Friend and Jerk Boy had have been there because if all of those factors were present I might have enjoyed myself at least a little bit.
The other thing I realised, only when writing this is that I didn’t think about Flatmate this weekend at all, not one bit, not even a passing though, now I have had that passing thought and now I realise that I’ve not heard a thing from him since that night he turned up at my place. U can't help but wonder if he's tried to turn up this weekend or if he's tried to contact me at all and I can't help but wonder if he is thinking what I've been up to not being at home!
Hmmm, see the weekend wasn’t all bad.

3 Comments:

Blogger bondibetty said...

Grrr - PMS and horrible girly things always ruin a good time. I'm going through it right now and would dearly love to beat the bejesus out of a cheating man... or eat a massive tub of ice-cream.

But so wonderful you didn't think of Flatmate, wish I could say the same about Johnny. You're obviously much stronger than me - you're my hero!!!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Too bad about camping and such, at the very least you now know you can go a while without thinking about Flatmate!

10:18 PM  
Blogger coffeesnob said...

gj. as you don't have email option set on your blog (wise, very wise), i'm parking comment/thanks here. no, i don't have a permit. so just like a new age traveller.

"very funny, very english" could also apply to your posts, which remain engaging even when you know you're doing something daft. tricky business that - not losing the audience.

can it be a "secret life" if you blog about it?

lots of musicals in your movies/music favourites shopping llist. i wonder, did you like "chicago"?

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home