Thursday, July 26, 2007

The stirred pot

"OK: are you starting to have feelings for this guy?

Cause you're spending a lot of time wondering if things are or aren't a date and he hasn't even kissed or tried to kiss you (has he?!)...

Me thinks you're starting to like the idea of Climber Dude, whether you like him or not.

Big question is: Is it the attention? Or him?

Sorry - can't ever help but stir the pot a little ;o)"

_____


So, in response to Betty stirring my pot - the thing about Climber Dude goes a bit like this.

Am I getting feelings for him?

I don’t think so.

Has he tried to kiss me?

No

Is it the attention or him?

Most likely the attention.

___

So, with all this in mind why has it become such a big thing?

This is where I will explain a little.

When I first met Climber Dude I was besotted with Jerk Boy, it was during the period when I had the biggest crush on Jerk Boy going and I will openly confess I outrageously flirted with Climber Dude with one aim in mind, to get Jerk Boy jealous. At the time I didn’t realise that Climber Dude would become a fixture in our group of friends and wasn’t too concerned about hurting him as I didn’t think I’d be seeing him again.

He then became a fixture in our group of friends, but because of his travelling and stuff he’s not always around which makes things a little easier. Once Jerk Boy made it clear to me that me and him would only ever be “just” friends I had no use for Climber Dude and stopped flirting with him. However, being a member of the friendship group could also cause a lot of difficulties too because if I play up like I like to do and I play up with Climber Dude my friends wont be happy. I get told of for being the Dirty Wild one enough as it is.

So, I’ve basically messed around a bit with Climber Dude’s feelings in the past, I can say in the past he definitely had feelings for me even though I didn’t let him pursue them. I still reckon the mixed signals I gave out during that time did really confuse the poor boy.

This is why, it’s a bigger thing for me, because I don’t want to lead him on, I don’t want to screw with his head like I did in the past and the fact of the matter is this could well be me rebounding after Flatmate and although having the attention is very nice and rebounding is often a good thing, you know that saying 'the best way to get over someone is to get under someone' but the thing is Climber Dude isn’t going to be in it for the short haul. He’s never had a girlfriend since I’ve known him, he’s a very sensible guy, and to be honest with you he’s not a guy I can pick up put down just because I need a little bit of fun and attention. If I pick up Climber Dude, it means I am potentially picking up a long relationship, not a quick bit of fun, not a quick bit of attention, but a long committed relationship. And that’s why it’s a big thing.

This probably doesn’t make much sense and I’ve probably over analysed things way too much but I know the type of guy Climber Dude is and if anything is to come of this, it means it’s for the long haul and Gretta just isn’t comfortable or ready for that and that's why meeting his brother and girlfriend for dinner seems just too scary at this point and even if it is just a casual dinner I'm just not sure I want to be in that position where his brother assumes I am Climber Dude's girlfriend, it's added pressure that I don't need.

And Betty you can come stir my pot any time ;)

5 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

So it was a date?! :)

6:38 AM  
Blogger Gretta James said...

Scotty: for some reason you're not gona let that drop are you. Do you want me to just say you were right and be done with it?

Truth is who bloody knows what it was? NOT ME lol.

Gretta xx

6:53 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I totally understand. It's kind of like instead of starting out on a first date, you would be starting out on the twentieth date. That's hard to do, especially considering the circumstances.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Vengelyne said...

I'm amazed that the poor boy whose head you messed with is still on talking terms with you and even invited you for dinner!!! He seems like a nice guy, Gretta. :)

5:46 PM  
Blogger bondibetty said...

Oh ha! It all comes together a little clearer for me now. Thanks for the catch up!

So it's about not wanting to hurt his feelings - totally understand! Aren't you the sweetest thing? It would be so easy as you say to just enjoy the attention etc, but good on you for resisting the 'soft place to fall'.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home