Tuesday, December 12, 2006

He's screwing with me again.

I guess it’s all been a bit quiet on the Jerk Boy front on this blog, but truth is lately I have been seeing quite a lot of Jerk Boy. We are still good friends even after everything and we still understand each other completely. He still works here and we still hang around with the same friends outside of work so our paths have been crossing a lot more regularly lately.

So, last night we had a Christmas work thing on, I was really tired and didn’t want to go but Jerk Boy text me saying he was going and it would be good if I went too. So I went. I know that boy can still pretty much make me do anything, although we hardly chatted all night long. It’s a bit of a complicated system but the department he heads up he heads up with 3 other managers, however they all have slightly different roles. Last night he managed to make one of the other managers cry. Yet, he didn’t even realise she was crying because of what he had said and to be honest what he said wasn’t bad at all.

Anyway, I got a phone call today from the manager above Jerk Boy asking me to explain what happened last night. I get this a lot, I am known as the office diplomat always seeing things from all different points of view. I hadn’t even heard Jerk Boy say anything to this other manager that I don’t know that well so I blamed all the trouble on one of the team members that had been winding up this manager earlier.

After that I figured I should let Jerk Boy know because at the end of the day he probably hadn’t even realised he’d done anything. I called him and explained the situation and then we got into a massive text conversation which was kind of this jist (shortened for blogging purposes)

Jerk Boy: I just feel like I am being ganged up on by everyone for just trying to do the best job I can. I am trying to do my best, this isn’t the first time I’ve been pulled up for upsetting that manager.

Gretta: I know, but you do a great job it’s just some people aren’t as laid back as others, and even though what you said wouldn’t have offended me, it has offended her. You know what why don’t you just come to the cinema tonight with the guys – take your mind off things and I’ll buy you a chocolate bar.

Jerk Boy: For once Gretta you seem to be making sense. I might take you up on that cinema offer, but I also might have a night in. I'll let you know later - Thanks.

You know what, I still have a thing for Jerk Boy, I hate the fact that he’s having a hard time at work. It upsets me. Telling him what I knew could probably get me in trouble at work but I thought he had a right to know that it had got back to his manager and that I had stood up for him.
Mr Tall is great don’t get me wrong and Mr Tall makes me feel amazing, but Mr Tall isn’t here and whether I like it or not I see more of Jerk Boy at this moment in time and at this moment in time Jerk Boy needs me and for some reason I quite like the feeling of being needed.
Grrrrrr why does he do it, why does he get in my head?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Grrrrrr why does he do it, why does he get in my head?

Cos you keep him there...
Believe me - I know

I have no good advice either - just a hug

~hug~

I've missed you

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying this blog. I can identify with your thought processes.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Vengelyne said...

That's why I'd never want a long distance relationship. I don't need to see my guy on a daily basis, but I'd want to have easier access in seeing him whenever I need to...

And shame on you, Gretta... I thought you were SOOOOOOOOOOOOO over JerkBoy!!! Well, it's ok as long as you know your limits... =)

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home