Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The X before CD.

Remember The X???? Probably not but you can read about him in a post here..

The X, gosh where do I start. Our story I guess ends up being fairly similar to mine and CDs, friends for ages before we got together, and then we got together and it turned into an on/off relationship, he cheated on me twice and I once again had to be the one with the guts to put an end to the relationship. However, it's not quite the same because I was young when I went out with The X and even though at the time I was smitten with him and though he might have been "The One". I was still very young, our relationshionship came to an end when I was 21 and that was over 6 years ago now so there's been a lot of time to move on.

Anyhow, The X is now married, living in a city about 2hrs away, and he tends to invite our group of friends over every now and then and the last time I saw him was before Christmas. He emailed me today (he's a teacher) and he said he's planning a trip to this city over half term to visit his parents and do I want to meet for a coffee and catch up.

In all other circumstances I would say no, if it was CD I would definitely say no, but The X and I, I don't know how we managed it but we're friends now, after everything, we're friends. And you know what right now I want and need his friendship.

So, I've agreed to meeting him for coffee and a catch up. My biggest fear is I think I'm at risk of being totally honest with him about everything. For some reason I don't mind him seeing my broken heart because even though he once let me down, now he's married I trust him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home