Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

On Friday night I went out with Best Friend and another friend. Best Friend started telling this other friend how close me and JerkBoy are. Her description went a little like this...

"Gretta has this guy friend, and they have these private jokes that only they get, they spend hours talking on the phone, they laugh all the time, when they're in the same room the only attention they want is each others. When Gretta was going out with Climber Dude, Jerk Boy hated every second of it, openly disapproved in front of all her other friends. The way they are together, we all think they should just get together, they'd be brilliant together. The only issue with Jerk Boy is he seems to be looking for Miss Universe when He isn't Mr World and Gretta is pretty up there - no one understands it, or their friendship - if they just got it on it would work".

I found myself in a state of defence...

"I understand why all other friends would think that, I know that JerkBoy and I don't have the healthiest of friendships as in when I went out with CD I had to pretty much put a stop to it because I knew it couldn't continue, and I could see why everyone would think that we should just get it on, but we don't fancy each other".

Best Friend: Oh Gretta come off it you know as well as I do that if you guys got together it would work and it would be easy.

She's right, I know she is. Today (Valentine's Day) JerkBoy and I went to the cinema to watch Valentine's Day. In the queue waiting to go into the cinema. JerkBoy made an observation..

Jerkboy: Gretta, have you noticed how many couples are in this queue?

Gretta: Yeah there are loads

Jerkboy: look how miserable they all are, we're the happiest people here and we're not even a loved up couple.

Gretta: This is why non dates works, no awkwardness, no duty as the bf or gf, just friends borrowing each other on valentine's day - of course it works.

But I can't help thinking about his point, we were laughing, we were enjoying each other's company, and if it wasn't' for the lack of physical contact we could be easily mistaken for a couple truly in love.

I'm once again questioning my feelings and my friendship for/with JerkBoy. Does Bestfriend have a point? Truth is, it's not down to me, JerkBoy rejected me in the past and to be honest I think he sees me as just a friend. Maybe we're just friends, but maybe our friendship is just a bit too much.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

what do you mean by 'just a bit too much'?

9:13 PM  
Blogger Gretta James said...

Well the fact that I had to pretty much stop my friendship with JB when me and CD were together says it all.

I don't mean we're physical or anything like that. I just mean it's not healthy to be as close to the member of the opposite sex, and me and JB are just a little too close.

Gretta x

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home