Friday, August 15, 2008

The turning of a tide of time!

On Sunday I turn the wrong side of 25. Which means the scary age of 30 is ever getting closer. However, I turn the wrong side of 25 a very long way from my home city, and that somewhat makes me happy.

CD is taking me away to the coast, we hope to to do some coastal walking, maybe some surfing and even some seal or dolphine watching, it all sounds fabulous. Bar the British weather forecast, as it is predicted to rain from Saturday to Tuesday, the whole time we're away. Bloody typical. I'm prepared to get wet.

On our way we are going to stop off at CD's parent's house, they're doing us a roast for dinner, we're sleeping there tonight and then continuing our journey tomorrow. I've only met his folks once before and that was when we were just friends, and I didn't really make that much of an effort so now I'm meeting them as the gf I'm pretty nervous about it. Yep pretty nervous. I'm also pretty sure it'll go fine, I'll be on my best behaviour. Keep telling myself it's one night before going on somewhere else. It'll be fine. This is the worst part about being in a relationship, the meeting of the parents.

Anyway, I'll have a glass of wine for you all so you can celebrate me being closer to 30 than 20. Hooorah!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger coffeesnob said...

it will go off fine, i'm sure. besides, the english, i've noticed, have tremendous "coping" skills. coping with rice puddings, coping with spotted dick and, of course, coping with bad weather.

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home