Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It went bang!

I find it hard to believe that I am sat here writing this.

CD and I had a wonderful weekend, wonderful, his parents were very cool, his dad constantly mocked him while his mum made me feel very at home, and then to follow on the long weekend away was fabulous that was..... Until the last day when the conversation went a little like this.

CD: Gretta? How do you feel our relationship is going?
Gretta: I feel it’s going well, I’m happy so that’s gotta be good right.
CD: I really admire that about you that you live your life by what you’re feeling but it’s not always very practical.
Gretta: I think you’ll find most girls live their lives by what they feel, if they're happy they wont feel a need to change, if they're unhappy they'll know something needs changing.. Anyway where has this conversation come from?
CD: ok, well I’m not so sure about us, I feel there is something not right.. I don't know if I see a future for our relationship.

Then after a lot of talking it turns out there are some characteristics in my personality that he doesn’t like. Doesn't everyone have character flaws, like no one is perfect, but I feel that mine are too much for him to handle. So anyway, after a wonderful weekend, it all totally blew up in my face. He’s currently having a few days to “think” about things. I’ve told him I’m willing to try and change for the sake of our relationship but the fact remains that I accept him with his character flaws and I wouldn’t expect him to change. Then today, people have been asking about the weekend and saying things like "I hope CD spoilt you on your birthday" and I just want to cry everytime someone asks.

I just think this might be the end. I emailed Teddy in Australia about it and he ended up calling me, we talked things through on the phone and he thinks that I might be letting my head run away with itself and it’s probably not as bad as I’m making out. I however, think I’m on the verge to going back to being a singleton and I do think it's as bad as I'm making out but still it was good that Teddy took the time to ring and talk me through things.

I just don't understand, we had a lovely time away and then BANG!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

:(

Hugs for you Gretta..

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home