Thursday, June 19, 2008

Missing Miss Independent.

I've been thinking far too much after the disaster of last night. Far too much.
However, I've come to the conclusion that I'm just going through a funny few days, I figure it's all about identity as a couple, something I need to just deal with somehow.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy every minute I spend with Climber Dude at the moment, it's early days of course I do. However, my diary has never been so full of things I wouldn't usually do or have done when I was single. Now don't get me wrong still do things that I would have done but they are now combined with things that Climber Dude wants to do. Compromise is the key to any relationship and we are both doing that. So, I shouldn't fear but even today I've received an email from a married couple that went on the 3 peaks. The guy is friend of Climber Dude who he goes mountaineering with a lot, they're a lot older than us, as they are in their 40s. Not that that is any sort of issue, but they've invited us over for Sunday lunch, and because I know they're important people in Climber Dude's life I feel I have to go. Since when was I the sort of girl to go and do Sunday lunch with 40 year olds?? I actually like the couple and I know I'll have a good time it's just with every step I feel more and more out of my depth, and I know it sounds crazy, it's just I don't know, it doesn't feel like me. It's just the fun loving girl, that hangs out with friends at the pub seems to be slowly turning into the girl who goes with her boyfriend to houses for meals. I'm being silly. I know I am. But I need to vent too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home