Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm turning into one of those girls!!!!!

I am not a needy girl. I am not.
However, (you knew either a but or however was coming right?) Climber Dude and I are both REALLY busy people, really busy people and we seem to be stealing an hour here and an hour there before we have to be somewhere else. Anyway, he leaves on Thursday to do the 3 peaks which has been planned for ages, so we promised each other we would spend Wednesday night together. I was thinking have a meal together and watch a movie - perfect.
So in the car on the way home from the pub tonight after we met some friends for some drinks we had this conversation..
CD: I need to go to the mall tomorrow evening to pick up a father's day gift for my dad you up for coming with me?.
Gretta: Ok but then we get to spend some time together?
CD: Yeah...
CD: Oh btw I am not gona pop in tonight I have to go home and pack for the 3 peaks and get some stuff sorted out for that but I'll see you tomorrow night.
Gretta: *when leaving the car* Make sure you get your stuff sorted tonight then coz they'll be trouble tomorrow otherwise
I had a smile on my face but I knew that was a very demanding thing for me to say and I'm sure I could have worded it a lot better. He laughed but his laugh wasn't a good laugh so then I leaned in and kissed him and continued.
Gretta: I'm only joking.
But then I realised I wasn't joking I don't want him packing, and sorting stuff out the one night we have together before he goes away. So then..
Gretta: Well, only a little joking
I kissed him and then left the car.
I know I sound demanding, and I sound needy but the truth is I should have just worded it better. I mean he's going away, I wont see him for a while and I don't want the one night we have together before he goes to be cluttered with other things, we already have to go to the mall to get his dad a father's day present, and if he doesn't pack tonight I'll have to sit there why he runs around getting all his stuff sorted. It's just not quite the romantic meal and movie before he goes away that I had in mind.

3 Comments:

Blogger bondibetty said...

No you're not. You're telling him what you need. There's nothing wrong with that. I like to call it "managing expectations"

7:57 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

I dont see anything wrong with that.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Gretta James said...

in true CD fashion he didn't get the packing sorted, so I did sit there while he ran around getting sorted. He was very apologetic though and was disappointed when he realised we hadn't spent much time together, maybe a lesson learnt! Or maybe not *shrugs*.

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home