Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hysterical Gretta

Do you remember Childhood Sweetheart? The guy I had a crush on all through school but nothing ever came of it, the guy who also had a crush on me but.... Nothing ever came of it?
Well, last week were emailing each other a fair bit because there was a reunion at our school. We decided not to go, but last minute he emailed me saying he'd changed his mind and he reckons we should go.
So on Saturday I met up with him (first time since Christmas) and we pottered down to our school.
On the way he said that he was going to lie about his occupation, not because he was ashamed but because he thought it would be funny! Myself being the child I am encouraged this becasue I to thought it would be amusing, and truth be told I didn't even want to go to the reunion, I just wanted to spend some time with ChS.
So, we arrive at the reunion and this girl from our year comes up to us, a girl neither of us knew that well but was in ChS's tutor.
Girl from year: So, ChS what do you do now?
ChS: I'm a Graphic Designer (Which he isn't)
Girl from year: You're a Traffic Designer? So does that mean you're responsible for the new road layout in the city
At this point a smirk begins to appear on my face and I have to start trying to suck in the giggles.
ChS: Yes, that's right I'm a Traffic Desighner, and I am partly responsible for the roads in the city
Girl from year: *deadly serious and slightly agressive* They're terrible! What company do you work for? I think I want to write a complain letter.
At this point I am creasing over and a tear is rolling down my face because I'm trying so hard not to let out the big cackle that is in my throat, ChS is starting to go red and get flusterred because he has no idea how to get out of this situation. Then it came I started laughing...
Gretta: I'm so sorry, I don't mean to laugh like I'm insane but this is too funny, he said he was a Graphic Designer not a Traffic designer but actually he's neither!
The girl was less than amused and walked away from us in a bit of a huff while me and ChS just laughed like insane idiots. I guess it was one of those "you had to be there moments" but tell you what - I hadn't laughed that hard in a very long time. ChS has text me since saying he feels so stupid and doesn't know when he's going to grow up, but I just still look back and laugh it was too funny, too darn funny.

1 Comments:

Blogger bondibetty said...

Ummmm - and you DIDN"T jump his bones? Gretta - get out there girl!

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home