Tuesday, February 26, 2008

before I die I want to climb a mountain,

Work is dead today! Really dead. The boss is away until tomorrow which means my work load is a little on the small side (just literally manning the phones and trying to avoid making the builder any tea in hope that he'll actually build).

I've been chatting a fair bit with Climber Dude lately. He is doing something called the 3 peaks challenge with a team of people for charity in June. He asked me if I want to do it as well. They're basically climbing a mountain in Scotland, England and Wales over the period of a long weekend. I personally don't think I am capable of doing 3 mountains in one go it sounds all a bit tiresome. However, I have said I'll go and meet them in Wales and do the final (and easiest) mountain with them (Snowdon).

This weekend we have a traning weekend, where I think we are going to be walking from 10 - 4. It sounds crazy and although I'm not doing all the 3 peaks I still figure I need to so the training as I am no mountain climber, in fact I haven't climbed a mountain before ever. The only reason I said I 'd meet them to do Snowdon is because climbing a mountain is on my list of things to do before I die.

Yes come on you all must have that list. I can't be the only one.

So, yeah this weekend I am going to be spending time with Climber Dude, and a team of other rambling climber dudes and dudettes - I'm kind of looking forward to it should be fun. My biggest fear is I have an inklin that myself and Climber Dude will be the youngests in the group. I'm just hoping my inklin is wrong and in fact there are some other hot climberdudes with great arms that I can ask to carry me if things all get too much.

I can't believe I'm talking about the weekend and it's only Tuesday lunch time lol.

I'm going to see the bucket list with best friend tonight at the cinema - ah ha bucket list see a list of things to do before you die! What irony!

3 Comments:

Blogger bondibetty said...

That's so wonderful! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear all about it.

You'll have a great time - getting to the top is always a challenge and a struggle - but it's ALWAYS worth it!

2:54 PM  
Blogger coffeesnob said...

trudging for england?

or should that be "i want to die before i climb a mountain'?

3:14 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Climber Dude...

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home