Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Stepping out of a role.

I work very very closely with my boss. When he's in the office I'm his PA and basically skivvy. I have to be free to drop anything else I may have been working on and do whatever he chuck at me (kind of slave like really). However, when he's not in the office I run the place, which then I make everyone else do stuff for me, and spend more time than I'd like chasing people who haven't met deadlines set for them.
Anyhow, the other day me and the boss were working alongside some stuff and we got into a deep and meaningful. Before I go on I have a lot of respect for my boss, he works hard, he doesn't always finish what he starts, he has a lot of ideas that get taken forward and then he has a lot of ideas that stay stagnent. However, he's a family man, loves his wife dearly, spoils his children rotten but clearly he cares a lot for them. Anway, back to our D&M.
Boss: Gretta I have no fear about you!
It came out of the blue
Gretta: No fear about me what???
Boss: You know there is something about a girl who waits for the right guy to come along.
At this point I was still a bit perplexed about the conversation, me and the boss discuss lots of stuff but we rarely discuss my personal life and it felt a bit like he was for a moment talking to me as a friend and not my boss. Curious I found myself asking questions.
Gretta: what do you mean something about a girl who waits?
Boss: Some girls are so desperate to settle down that they just go with the first available guy, and they end up with some idiot that ends up messing them around. However, I predict that you will meet someone, and you'll know when it's right, and because you know I don't see you being someone to mess around I see you committing and going for it, you may end up married much quicker than anyone thought but I have no fear. You will meet someone, he will be right for you and you will settle down.
I didn't know what to say at this point, it was so out of the blue, and so a step beyond employer and employee but his certainty about it, flattered me so much. He really values me and it's given me hope because I can't help but believe what he says.

2 Comments:

Blogger bondibetty said...

Of course it's true! We don't just throw in the towel and settle. We wait. Because it comes to us. When we're ready. Until then, we get to have meaningless sex, and bucket loads of boy drama. All great things to laugh and remember in old age sitting beside 'The One'.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Good post Gretta :)

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home