Saturday, September 22, 2007

Avoid, Avoid, A...VOID.

Last night I was invited out to celebrate my boss turning 40. I didn't really want to go as a part from the work crowd I wasn't going to know anybody, and the work crowd are all a bit up them selves. However, Jerk Boy was there so at least we kept each other entertained for a little bit.
My boss had chosen the pub I usually go to for his drinks. He doesn't really go to the pub often I guess it's something to do with the wife and 2 kids. The trouble with him choosing that pub is that there was always a chance I could bump into someone I know or someone I hang out with.
Guess what.... Climber Dude was there.
I couldn't believe it, out of all the people I could have seen in that pub I saw the one person I really didn't want to see.
Jerk Boy ended up getting into some indepth work conversation with my boss and while that was happening Climber Dude came and sat with me. I was reluctant to even hold a conversation with him. I mean the last I heard we were suppose to be going for pizza and a movie and he pulls the plug on me never to re-arrange. I felt silly, like I was sat having a conversation with the guy that rejected me, knowing he'd rejected me.
I discreetly (when he wasn't paying attention) pulled my car keys out of my bag and had them in my hand and then I looked at him and said...
"I've had my car keys in my hand for a while, I've been meaning to make a move I'm soo tired"
And with that I said goodbye to the boss, and the bosses wife, Jerk Boy gave me a knowing wink as if to say I know you're leaving because you don't want to chat to Climber Dude (even though he knows nothing about me feeling rejected) and I headed out the door. I was home at 10pm, and I read the blogs for a bit and then curled up for an early night.
I feel great this morning.
Now I'm off to meet friends for breakfast, and later I get to watch England V Samoa in the rugby. I'm taking the old man to the pub and buying him a beer.
Catch yaz
Gretta x

2 Comments:

Blogger bondibetty said...

He didn't reject you honey. He didn't. If he had rejected you he wouldn't be talking to you.

Perhaps you guys are just destined to be friendly?

I promise, he didn't reject you.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Climber Dude was there?!?! Good on you for leaving Gretta.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home