Sunday, September 23, 2007

Another Gretta Dilemma!

I had a little bit of a shock today when I logged on to facebook.
You see, Teddy had uploaded some pictures of his travels, and as I was looking through them I came across one of Teddy.
And, that's when I realised although we've been in touch over the 2 years since we met (when I went travelling). I've not actually seen him during that time, so when I looked at his pic I was a little taken back to find out that he had aged somewhat over the last 2 years.
He had a bald patch when we met, but now he was receding to the point where he almost had no hair. He looked very mature. Now, I don't have any qualms about the older man, or the older looking man. However, I was shocked at how much older he looked in 2 years.
I have photos of him from when we met and he looks boyish in comparison to now, now he looks like an old balding man.
I'm really glad that I saw the pic first because if we'd met I might have made a thing about how much more mature he looks and this way I can at least figure out how to handle it first.
I could say
"wow you've matured but it's a great look on you"
or
"You look good just a bit older"
or
I could just ignore the fact that all of his hair has disappeared since our last meeting. Hmmm what do you do when someone has aged so much in 2 years, ignore it, or mention it?
I just don't know

2 Comments:

Blogger coffeesnob said...

facebook is full of nasty surprises.

i'll be trying to shoehorn that expression into ordinary conversation as often as possible: "coo! you've aged somewhat". it's all in the "somewhat".

1:48 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Hmmm... I would just not say anything :)

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home