Friday, June 22, 2007

The X - Part 3

I stayed friendly with The X because deep in my heart I still firmly believed we were meant to be together and one blip, knowing full well what The Witch was like, wouldn’t stop me at least trying. So while he was still openly confessing to me that he had a plan to get The Witch, I was plotting my own plan, a plan to get him back.


__________________________________________________


Continued....

And what better way to start this plan then to go shopping and buy lots of nice new clothes, which is what I did. He must have been pursuing The Witch for a good few months, until he finally gave up. I decided that I wouldn’t tell him about The Chair and The Witches relationship. It might have helped me in the long run but The Chair had told me in confidence and truth is I kind of felt bad for telling him (not that it was my fault). When I realised he wasn’t besotted anymore with The Witch, I got my new clothes on, I looked fab and I made sure he saw all the attention I was getting from our other guy friends.

Now, I’m not being funny, but some guys are a bit silly because he was literally putty in my hands after that. He kept calling me, asking me out, and trying to hang out with me. I knew if I wanted him I could have him but after what he did, he needed to work for it. He needed to know that what he did wasn’t acceptable so I told him that and sure enough for the next few months he showered me with attention, gifts and a whole lot of time and I soon decided that I’d give it another go. My friends (the same friends that thought we were made for each other) thought I was mad to take him back. However, I still believed we were made for each other.

Again for the first 6 months things were fantastic, we’d both matured, we both knew what offended each other and what didn’t. I mean I think I was 19 at this point and he was 22. After the 6 month mark the second time round we started spending a little less time together, he was at university and studying hard. I’d noticed that the time we were spending was less than before but I wasn’t too concerned because as soon as summer came I was sure it would start again. After about 2 months of seeing him once or twice a week I began to get a little needy. I didn’t mean too but I was used to seeing him 5 times a week and I needed that time – I appreciate quality time. However, I was suppose to be going away for the weekend for a girls weekend with friends, and I was everso tempted to cancel it to spend time with him but then I realised I wouldn’t spend time with him even if I were at home so went anyway.

When I got back I went round to visit him

The X: I didn’t miss you when you were away this weekend

Gretta: Well, I didn’t miss you much either I was having a good time with my friends

The X: Yes but I feel as if I should miss you.

Gretta: We’ve hardly seen much of each other lately with all your study, so it’s not surprising you haven’t missed me.

The X: I’m feeling unsure again.

Gretta: Is there someone else? Do you want to end things?

The X: No to both but something has to change coz I feel like I should miss you when you go away.

I don’t really understand why missing me was so important to him, I didn’t miss him either but it didn’t mean I didn’t care. However, something had clearly shaken him up. So, we talked about it all and decided that he’d try to balance his study and when he was taking breaks he’d spend them with me – sounded easy enough.

Now I should tell you about Lesbian…. At the time I was working for a different company. I avoided the whole uni thing and went straight into work and I was working for a large company at the time in sales. A temp joined the company and I was assigned to train her up. She clearly had issues from the outset and for some reason she became a personal challenge to me. We became quite close and I invited her to hang out with my friends outside of work, she didn't stay at my compnay for very long and soon left.

I knew she was a lesbian from the outset. She never told me, but I knew, it’s like I had a radar. She looked like your typical lesbian and I often thought she might have had a bit of a thing for me. Anyway I introduced her to The X when we were all out one night and they got on fairly well. I wasn’t concerned about how well they got on because (and I don’t mean this in a nasty way but) she looked butch, she wasn’t very pretty and she was much more demanding and attention seeking than anyone I’d ever come across and to top it off she wasn’t really that nice a person. I just felt sorry for her because I knew she had issues and she didn't have many friends. When I spoke to The X about it he felt the same way I did, we both wanted to help her because she’d opened up to us and told us about some stuff in her past she’d been through.

For the next month or so The X and me were spending more time together and things still didn’t feel completely right between us but we were working at it and things seemed to be coming together or at least that’s what I thought and that's the impression he gave me…

To be continued…

3 Comments:

Blogger bondibetty said...

You had 'A Project' - I have those all the time! People you meet and think "I could help you" and then you spend loads of time with them, get them a new wardrobe, build their confidence, introduce them to people and then when they're all happy and stable you send them on their merry way?! A Project!!! I love them... In fact, once upon a time I was one! And eternally grateful to the person who did my makeover.

But I have a feeling this one may not have turned out like that...

4:24 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

A little competition and he came running back, huh? I'll have to remember that plan!

Of course, even the best laid plans don't always turn out the way we want. I have a feeling that this one definitely did not.

You tell a great story. I'm incredibly interested in hearing the end!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Have you heard of a 'gay-dar'? Thats what we call the radar which detects the gays/lesbians :)

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home