Friday, June 22, 2007

The X - Part 2

The X: Gretta? You know what I want to ask.

Gretta: yes I do know and it's not a good time, I'm just out of a relationship.

And things were left at that.

_______________________

Continued..

I put the phone down that day and kicked the sofa really hard. I remember my big toe throbbing because I kicked the sofa. I was just so frustrated. He was what I wanted and when the time came it wasn’t the right time.

After that I still saw The X about a fair bit but he had taken to ignoring me which I thought was ridiculous, so I somehow made sure that when he was around I’d sit by him and chat about nothing. Soon enough he started pursuing me again, but I still didn’t want to jump straight into another relationship so I just let him pursue me then we actually started dating, and eventually, 7months after the original phone call, I said I’d be his girlfriend.

Things got fairly serious pretty quickly, our friends just thought we were the perfect couple and at 17 years old, marriage was being discussed as something we’d be doing in the future. We were in love or so I thought. Then after 6 months, it all went wrong. I went on holiday for a week and while I was away he started getting friendly with another girl – we will call her, the witch because I believe she cast a spell on him. So, when I got back I had this conversation with The X (the thing about The X is he was always awfully honest to the point you kind of thought you’d rather he lie)

The X: Gretta, I’ve decided I am unsure about us now and I want to pursue another.

Gretta: I’ve been away for a week and in that time you want someone else?

The X: Yes, I’ve been spending a fair bit of time with someone while you’ve been away and I think she likes me too.

Gretta: Who?

The X: The witch.

What no-one knew at this point was The Witch was actually in a secret relationship with another one of our friends. They didn’t want people knowing about it so had kept their relationship hush hush..

So it turned out The X was pursuing someone who wasn’t at all interested in him and I found that out shortly after, in quite a humiliating way.

After we broke up (the first time) to make myself feel better after the rejection, I decided that I would flirt with a guy we both knew, a guy we will call The Chair. So, I was flirting outrageously with The Chair, and in the end told The Chair the whole story that The X had decided to end things with me to chase The Witch, and that’s when it all came out. The Chair was with The Witch and I’d just told him that The Witch had been spending lots of time with my boyfriend causing him to think he had a chance and now he’s ended things with me to pursue her. So I guess you’re not going to be shocked when I say The Chair was fuming when I’d told him this and told me all about his secret relationship with her and I was fairly humiliated because I’d practically thrown myself at him in the process.

This is probably going to sound quite pathetic, but I didn’t blame The X really. Ok his actions were wrong but I knew The Witch too and I knew exactly what type of girl she was so in a sense I pitied him for falling for her. I stayed friendly with The X because deep in my heart I still firmly believed we were meant to be together and one blip, knowing full well what The Witch was like, wouldn’t stop me at least trying. So while he was still openly confessing to me that he had a plan to get The Witch, I was plotting my own plan, a plan to get him back.

To be continued...

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I love conniving plans like that. Funny how they never seem to work for me. I hope yours turned out positively in the end!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

a plan to get him back... this can get good..

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home