Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Concerned...

I’ve hardly spoken to flatmate lately. I chatted to him for a bit last night but he wasn’t very receptive and I couldn’t really be bothered either. I feel like things are finally coming to their end and I’m not sad about it anymore which is good. Ok I’m a little sad about it but I really do feel like I’m moving on.

So Jerk Boy, well, here’s a bit of a story for you. He’s taken to nicknaming me Wifey!!! At first I found it all quite funny but now it’s a bit annoying! Since spending the day with him last week he’s been in contact with me a lot. And it’s making me question our friendship. I don’t like him anymore, he is just a friend to me yet when he does things like the below it kind of freaks me out a little…

Tuesday – Spent the day together while he was at his interview while shopping.

Wednesday – Text me twice and emailed me once

Thursday – replied to my reply email

Friday – Sent a bunch of flirtatious texts to me regarding the perks I should receive as his wife!!!!!!

Saturday
– we were both out with a group of our friends, he sat opposite me all night and flirted like mad with me for most of the night and kept commenting on my boobs. Ok so I was wearing a revealing top.

Sunday – Was suppose to meet him to watch a film however, he text me to say something had come up and he couldn’t make it.

Monday – was a work meeting and we spent the whole time making faces at each other (that’s actually not unusual we always do that at work meetings)

Tuesday – Got to work and an email regarding work was waiting from him and he is coming over tonight to my place with some friends to just chill.

I just feel like things have seemed to stepped up a gear in our friendship, I could be wrong but contact between me and Jerk Boy has certainly been more and I have to confess I am concerned about it.

I’m not concerned that he has feelings for me because he made his feeling for me very clear a few years ago and I definitely odn’t think he’s changed his mind. I am also not concerned about my feeling for him, yes in the past I really liked him a lot but I can safely say I’ve moved on. So what should I be worried about???

Well, it’s our friends, if they start hinting to Jerk Boy about us and our friendship becoming more extreme again, he’s going to freak out and back away. We’ve already been through an awkward period and we came out the other side, going back there is something I really don’t want. However, I just don’t know what to do, because he’s Jerk Boy, one of my bestest friends.

Why does the whole boy/girl close friendship thing always get complicated and why do friends always feel the need to butt in and imply things that only cause people to freak out?

I’m not sure I’m making much sense – go read Scotty’s blog ;) he always makes sense (like you plug hun?).

Gretta xx

4 Comments:

Blogger Vengelyne said...

You've been through hell and back, (well almost) with JerkBoy. If he does shy away again, it shouldn't surprise you nor faze you, dahling. And you brought this up yourself here, so it shows you are prepared for it somehow...

Stop over concerning yourself. If he doesn't value the friendship enough to want to freak out, then you know what kind of friend he truly is. It'd be his loss anyway.

9:22 AM  
Blogger bondibetty said...

Tell your mates to butt out. Everyone in my life speculates over Manslut and my friendship - it drives me nuts when they all do the whole 'you like each other thing'. Until I went psycho on their asses and now they accept it.

And if Jerk Boy can't man up and accept that a friendship is all you're after then he's not really your friend.

Honestly - when will these boys get OVER themselves?!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

If you don't like being called Wifey, then you should tell him.

Why do your friends care? Do they like him?

10:24 PM  
Blogger Gretta James said...

Venge - Hell and back is an understatement hehe. I probably am concerning myself over nothing but you know how girls analyse everything..

Betty - Even if I told my friends to butt out they'd still make faces like they know something we don't. The thing is if only they knew the conversations myself and Jerk Boy have had. If they knew they wouldn't think it but I can't really tell them lol.

Scotty - I should tell him you're right, and maybe my friends do like him, but I am not gona let him know that his head will swell lol.

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home