Saturday, January 06, 2007

Hinting...

... It really does seem that I am right when I say hinting to men works.
So, Mr Tall and I had our phone date and all is well and good so I should be happy right? Yet I am not the distance is finally taking it's toll and I just don't think this "thing" is going to last much longer.
Yet back to the hinting working so I hinted that Mr Tall leave me a message on my myspace and he left me a message on my myspace. I hinted that Mr Tall get a webcam so we could have online video calls and Mr Tall is looking into getting a webcam, so if I had hinted Mr Tall it would be great to hear from you over new years I am convinced he would have contacted me.
But why do guys need to be hinted at before they do something? I just don't get it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, hm, let's see, hm--

Because women are crazy and men are scared!

No, okay, sorry. I'm not one to parse the differences between men and women. In the end, we're all okay, we're all crazy, and ever the tween shall meet, whatever that means. We're humans.

I've had women swear they had been giving me hints that I just couldn't see. I was too busy being a gentleman, a friend, a guy who misses the boat.

I've also had women give me lots of signals, but when I made my moves--ow! Rejection City. Now, I mean signals that include sleepovers, closely sitting next to me, looking at photographs, cooking me dinner, resting her elbow on my knee, visiting me after hours at work, et-fucking-ceteras.

I'm sorry to get upset, but it's embarrassing to read a girl's signals only to find out she never saw you that way. And it's frustrating to find out years later that a girl liked you but gave you signals that required a cryptographer's assistance to comprehend.

We're scared. Guys are shaking under those shit-eating grins. But most of us (not me, of course) won't admit it. Guys like to come off as "alpha blithe." It's safer.

My suggestion? Find a nice guy who's not out for only sex, get to know him, get to be friends, then jump his bones. He'll appreciate the forwardness. Because these "hints" that you're referring to might seem more like ways to fuck with his mind.

Yup. Guys are insecure. But can you totally blame us?

The problem is, Gretta, I need a girl like you (except one who lives nearby), a girl who invests herself in a relationship. But girls like you go for guys who are not like me. You want perhaps the worst thing for you. It's not your fault. It's what you're attracted to.

I'm stopping now. This kind of talk makes me uncomfortable. I don't respect overgeneralizing the genders. It's not fair to individuals.

Yup. Men, women. . .human beings. . .are crazy.

:)

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home