Saturday, September 16, 2006

High hopes turn to dust.

As it happens I did meet up with Bouncer today. I caved in and just sent him a text saying "What are you up to are you still playing sport? I am free at the moment if you want to catch up" to which he then rang and said that he was planning on meeting up with a couple we both know and I am more than welcome to join them. I decided to; a) because he'd already told me he probably wont be around again until Christmas and b) because I hadn't seen this couple for some time either. This was all good bar the fact things didn't feel right between us, in the past we've always had quite a flirty relationship but the spark just wasn't there today so instead I just gave up. It looked like my fun really wasn't going to happen. As I was playing with this couples young child (the child loves me. I have no idea why, at 2 years old the child remembered my name after 1 encounter and ever since just seems to cling to me like clingfilm does to the roll) I was listening into the conversation Bouncer was having. As it so happens he's apparently meeting up with some girl who lives in my city that he met on holiday. It made me realise that this could be the reason our friendship seemed so different/slightly strained today. I suddenly realised, there and then, that I should make the most of the attention the 3 year old kid was giving me because today that was definitely the only attention I was going to have.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vengelyne said...

Aww... Greta. I'm sorry to hear that the fun night you were looking forward to didn't really happen as you hoped for it to be...

Bouncer seems too much of a flirtatious guy to be reckoned with romantically in the first place to me. Forget about him.

There are plenty more fish in the sea. What you've seen so far probably are just the ones from the pet shop!

2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home