Saturday, September 16, 2006

How can I travel the world if it's on my shoulders?

Meeting up with Bouncer last night was great but it didn't come without a few hitches. Before I even left the house I was feeling quite low, I don't know why but I decided that I wasn't going to make an effort. So jeans, top and no make-up was my answer and I have to say it but the last few times Bouncer has seen me it's always been at a party or an occasion that requires dressing up but this didn't require that and I for some reason couldn't be arsed.
I was also under the impression I was meeting up with Bouncer and a few mutual friends that happen to be couples. As it turns out Bouncer decided to invite everybody he knew from my city along, no matter how well or how little he knew them, this turned out to be about 20 people. It just so happened he invited a young lad that I know, who has just got back from travelling. Anyway, this young lad because I was a familiar face, decided to sit by me and wanted to tell me every experience he had while travelling. Now this wasn't a bad thing I am really interested in things like that, but it just meant that while the young lad had cornered me, into this LONG conversation, that it was only polite of me to endure, a very beautiful girl had decided to sit by Bouncer. I wasn't jealous I was just aware, but there were comments throughout the night of how they were being really flirty with each other, which led me to feel like my fun was being had by someone else.
After this beauty and Bouncer had been chatting for some time I decided that it was time for me to go and join in the conversation somehow. I know too well this action had the potential to be a bit disasterous but this was suppose to be my fun night and my fun was being crushed. All of my fun has been crushed lately. So, I interrupted and true enough, not even sure how, managed to get Bouncer's attention and then we chatted a fair bit.
As I was leaving he said to me that he'd like to meet up today but he is playing sport with some friends, so he'll let me know when he's free. I don't really like that type of attitude, that I want to see you but you have to work round me. I informed him that I had plans for the evening but if he contacts me at a time I am available I don't mind catching up for a bit. Then he looked at me and did something that I'd never thought he'd do. He said to me "I think your priority right now is to get some sleep in and see how you go tomorrow".
This shocked me because I'd never seen him quite so considerate before. I was well aware that I hadn't made an effort that night, but when I got home and looked in the mirror I realised exactly why he had made that comment. My bags under my eyes seemed to had trippled from the time I left my house to the time I left Bouncer and everyone. I looked as if I was carrying the world on my shoulders and he noticed it. Even if I had bothered to doll myself up, I am not sure that I could have hidden that. My face is often like a picture, and those that appreciate art understand it moreso than anyone else.
Who knows if I'll see Bouncer today, right now I just want to relax.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher D. Bate said...

I hope you hear from him. He'd be crazy not to get in touch.

Have a good Saturday, honey

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home