Monday, September 11, 2006

A visit from an old friend this coming weekend, is putting a cheeky grin on my face.

It’s been an interesting few days. I managed to finish Jerk Boy’s project ready for Thursday for him to present and I text him twice about it, once when I was in the process of doing it and again when I finished. He didn’t reply to either of my texts and I must admit I was thinking he isn’t replying because he’s noticed we’ve been close again these past few weeks and is now pushing me away like he always does.

So, he still hasn’t seen the half of the project I’ve done or got himself familiar with it. Anyway, he’s been away this weekend and as soon as he gets back he texts me to find out what I am up to. I let him know that I am going out with some friends to the pub and he’s more than welcome to join us and he then decides that staying at home and watching TV is more appropriate……. I was like that’s great but when am I going to get this work I’ve done to you and by the way thanks for replying when I asked how you were getting on with your half of the project. So, I’ve text him saying I’ll leave it in my office for him to pick up. I think he’s going to try and pop in tonight to get it. I just hope it’s ok coz he’s leaving it a bit late for me to change it if it’s not ok - I don't even know if he has done his half. Why I am so stressed about this is beyond me really. I think his presentation is more important to me then it is to him.

The other thing that’s made these few days interesting is this…

I’ve been friends with a guy that we’ll call “Bouncer” for years. I guess through the years there have been times when I have thought that we'd make a darn good match but he never tends to stick around very long. Anyway, Bouncer and I have been in contact quite frequently since January. You see he’s a friends best friend, and my friend lives in the same city as me and held a new years party last year and Bouncer attended and since then we’ve just stayed in touch by email about once or twice a month, at this party he totally sweet talked me and left me feeling like I was a princess. My friend told me that Bouncer is visiting this coming weekend and ever since I found out I’ve been quietly really looking forward to catching up with him. The trouble with Bouncer though is distance – he doesn’t live in an appropriate proximity for anything to happen. Yet he often gives out the impression that if it wasn’t for the distance something could. I can’t believe no one has snapped him up yet to be honest he just the sweetest guy when he wants to be.

So, yeah cut story short, Jerk Boy’s been doing my head in with this whole project and how unhelpful he’s been when I shouldn’t be doing it anyway. Then Bouncer is around this weekend which means that I maybe in for a little bit of fun.
Guess it’s wait and see huh.

5 Comments:

Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Wow, sounds like a real "arse."




OK, I admit it: I just wanted an excuse to write the word "arse."

5:32 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

A little bit of distance you can work with. When Bouncer's not around, you can read my blog. Love your name Gretta James!

7:28 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Popped in to say hey, and I see two familiar names!
Sounds like Jerk is playing with you? I'll be back again :)

1:47 AM  
Blogger Vengelyne said...

You had a name that aptly fits him: JERK BOY! You should just stick to your words and stay away from him since he doesn't seem very appreciative of your efforts and help.

I hope you get your fun with Bouncer this weekend. =) Just be wary of guys with sweet words and suaveness... if they can do that to you, they can do that to other girls, too... but there are some where the sincerity just shines through.

2:03 AM  
Blogger Gretta James said...

Hey thanks Ven

Yeah don't you worry as soon as this thing is presented there is going to be no more contact on my part with Jerk Boy unless it's work related. Yet I plan on completely backing away, no more emails, texts, msn messages, unless it's work.

As for Bouncer you're right he's a charmer alright and am sure he charms other girls too. Yet the fact that he's stayed in touch goes a long way for Bouncer so we'll see. I'm just ready to let my hair down after all the Jerk Boy lark.

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home