Sunday, May 16, 2010

Non Mixed Signals....

Finally the mixed signals are making some sense.

So, yesterday we went for the walk. Turned out to be quite a good turn out, best friend and her hubby, Mr T, The Ex (from ages ago) and The Ex's wife, and New Guy.

It was a great walk ended up a little of track and doing an extra 2 miles turning it into a 9mile walk but it was great to get out in the country.

Mr T and New Guy came back to mine which was good and then this morning I sent New Guy, Mr T and Jerkboy all a message saying they're welcome to come to mine to watch the Monaco Formula 1 race.

New Guy rang me and it went a little like this.

New Guy: I want to come but I don't want it to seem over the top.

Gretta: Over the top? I've invited Mr T and Jerkboy as well. It's up to you if you want to come, come if you don't, don't,

New Guy: I do want to come but I'm gona have some food first.

Anyways Mr T couldn't come but Jerkboy did. However, during the race I got a text from New Guy saying this

"I'm sorry I feel a right idiot saying that. I didn't mean anything by it. I guess I'm just very aware that we've both come out of serious relationships. I am sorry I didn't need to say anything I am just being over protective of my emotions. Hope that makes sense and I haven't embarrassed you as much as I feel embarrassed right now".

I didn't really get the text then, I was just going to brush over the a bit over the top comment but the text I couldn't ignore. Still didn't quite understand thought he didn't mean anything by it but is over protective of his emotions. Does that mean he didn't mean to imply that he liked me but he's protecting his emotions because he kind of does like me.

Anyway after that I figured he wouldn't be coming over however, he turned up at my doorstep after the race had finished and then Jerkboy decided to leave us to it.

I now couldn't exactly ignore the text and nor did I know how to respond. I basically said look New Guy I am a really friendly person at times and I will invite you places and I am really enjoying getting to know you but I'm not in a rush to jump straight into a relationship.

Now I feel like I've given off the mixed signals.

However, I think for the first time since this all began the mixed signals are fairly clear, he is interested he's just scared and I kind of know exactly how that feels. So I guess maybe it's time to just put the brakes on and let it happen at it's own pace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

ooooo :)

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home