Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Gos on New Boy

So, since the email New Boy has been on the scene a little.

Basically, even though I was annoyed I sent another email round with a pub invite. This time he was very polite and came to the pub.

He automatically assumed JerkBoy and I were an item.

I met up with him yesterday morning for a walk, it sounds like a date it wasn't. It just happened he was free I was free and we decided to go for a short walk.

On this walk he was very open and honest. So here's the gossip.

He moved to my city in October. He was suppose to be moving with his long term girlfriend but the day before they moved they split up. He voluntarily told my that I wish I'd asked him why they'd broken up but I felt like I'd be prying. So, he ended up in a new city, with no friends, and had just lost his girlfriend of 2 and half years. Since then he's been lonely and has really found it difficult. He works for a charity that supply aid to Eastern Europe countries. However, even though it's the sort of job he'd always wanted to do, it's not all that and he's actually not enjoying it. So all in all, he was pretty down and since moving to my city has had a really rough trott.

I explained that I understand what it's like going through a break up and told him that I used to date CD. He was shocked by that. I explained we had a very on/off relationship and it sounds like we ended at roughly the same time. Part of me wonders if I should have told him or not, I didn't say anything bad about CD but he is friends with CD and maybe it should have been CD that told him.

Anyway he said he thought JerkBoy and I were a couple and I explained that I wouldn't have been able to get through the last 6 months if it wasn't for Jerkboy but he doesn't fancy me and I don't fancy him so even though we may seem like a couple we really are just good friends.

He seemed to understand. Truth is I don't fancy New Boy. I still think he's arrogant but I do like his honesty and if nothing else I look forward to being a friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home