Tuesday, March 23, 2010

ey after everything?

New Guy seems to be strategically placing himself where I am. Other people are noticing it too. Where Gretta is New Guy doesn't seem to be far away.

I'm guessing it means he's potentially interested. It kind of got a bit weird on Sunday avo though! As I was leaving the local he said

"Gretta what are you doing this afternoon?"

I said "I have no plans what are you doing?"

He said "I don't really have any plans either, I'll prob make some stew for me and my flatmate and then go for a walk or something"

I think he was just about to invite me along, when Jerkboy butted in and said "Gretta need to chat to you about that work interview at some point, I know it's a Sunday but i'm not in your department next week and could do with getting a few things straight - plus it means there's one job off your to do list ;)"

So, that was that. I had to have a discussion with Jerkboy about work (on a bloody Sunday) I was glad Jerkboy butted in, and it was urgent (ish). I don't think I was ready to spend my whole Sunday afternoon with New Guy, I'm happy to take things a bit slower than that, an hour at the pub to get to know him a bit fine, whole afternoon just need a bit more time before that happens.

He's got a bit of a split personality this New Guy as well, chatting to me he's all sweetness and niceness but I've seen the way he talks to others and he comes across as a bit arrogant, so although I'd like to get to know him a bit better, I'm also a bit guarded.

Weird ey!

Oh and the ey thing, there is a new South African at work, and she says ey after everything, drives me potty mainly because now I seem to be saying ey after everything.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

Does Jerkboy like New Guy?

8:12 AM  
Blogger Gretta James said...

He seems too. He said that he thinks he seems alright and has made a better first impression on him than CD did.

Why do you ask?

Gretta

3:26 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

no good reason, just curious

3:30 PM  
Blogger stillarockstar said...

Is that really YOU in the About Me photo?!

Damn you're HOT. Makes me wanna apply for "The Biggest Loser"!

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home