Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The time issue!

I don’t really know what’s going on with me and CD at the moment.

Things have seemed different since I got back off my holiday. Ok so he’s had the flu, but it feels like he doesn’t want to see me. Which is making me have all these insecure thoughts. I feel lonely, and I’m not quite sure I should feel lonely when in a relationship.

He’s got a couple of night shifts this week and I have a late night work meeting which always makes our time stretched. I asked him if he could pop round for an hour before his night shift tonight and he text back saying “How about lunch tomorrow?” but if he’s been ill, he’s more than likely going to need to sleep of his night shift so I told him to forget it. I’m just feeling like I’m pushing him for his time, and in the process pushing us apart but if we don’t spend time together we’re going to fall apart anyway.

He’s invited me to meet his brother on Saturday for the first time, he lives about an hour and half away. I’ve been really excited about meeting him, he’s added me on facebook and him and his girlfriend seem like a nice couple. I don’t really want to meet him in the midst of me and CD having problems.

I’m not sure whether I’m over reacting or not, all I’m feeling is that I’m going round in the same circle, he doesn’t have the time I need, and when I push it he resents me for it because it makes him feel like he’s letting me down and I’m constantly disappointed. He once said to me “you don’t have to ask me for my time” but recently, I’ve felt the need to ask because he isn’t giving it willingly. It’s not his fault he works shifts, but I just guess I am really finding things a bit tough.
Anyway, he hasn’t replied to my text saying don’t bother about lunch today, who knows if he will, I wonder if he is even bothered enough to fight for me, or whether he’s just angry at the way I make him feel.

You know sometimes he can be wonderful, loving, passionate, caring, supportive and other times he comes across as distant and nonchalant. If it wasn't that he is so wonderful at other times then I probably would have ended things a long time ago. Why oh why does he switch so much.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

Talk to him Gretta, tell him.

9:17 PM  
Blogger coffeesnob said...

surely your inner robot from "lost in space" is flapping his arms and warning "danger! danger!" "hot-n-cold" is never a good sign.

whereas it should be like that frank sinatra standard all the way:
"when somebody loves you
it's no good unless they love you
all the way..."

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home