Monday, June 23, 2008

Don't you just hate it when...

Technology scuppers your plans! Yes... My afternoon’s worth of work came to a rather abrupt halt when I realised that my card reader would not work, which meant the photos I had taken for our ‘in house’ company mag, were stuck on my camera.

I emailed the boss asking him to bring in a card reader but he couldn’t get it to me until tomorrow. Which meant I was a little stumped with nothing to do. Well, I probably have loads to do but I can’t be arsed to do any of it.

It’s the boss’s wife’s birthday tonight. I seem to get an invite every year along with some others from the company. So, we’re just going to a pub for a few drinks later tonight. CD has had an invite too but he’s just going to meet us at the pub as he has something on until about 9pm.

It's a crazy week a head, Climber Dude and I have worked out that we don’t actually get an evening together until Friday. I’m just glad I get a night in to myself on Thursday night as he’s doing a night shift. I think we’re probably going to go out for dinner and then try and watch “the happening” at the cinema.

I seem busier than ever and I am just constantly paying for it cos I end up so tired. Ahhh well I am just hoping that the usual will happen, work always goes off quiet during the holidays with clients going away and staff going away it seems there is a lot less work accumulated which means that there are less stupid meetings at stupid hours which subsequently means less work for Gretta so she doesn’t walk around like a tired wreck her whole life. Oh and sometimes she gets to enjoy the sunshine. I really should have ventured out of the office today, this computer is doing my nut in.

Any my boldness makes little sense! Just for entertainment value - coz I'm a geek like that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home