Saturday, May 03, 2008

Is tonight the night? or will the chair get gold

Climber Dude has invited me round for dinner tonight. On a Saturday night. He wants to cook me dinner on a Saturday night. That has to be a good thing right?

After a night with the girls last night, Best Friend and another girl, they both are telling me that at some point me and Climber Dude will have to have it out. They think I should try and bring it up tonight. It was quite funny, I explained the situation to them, that when we hang out we don't sit on the same sofa so physical contact is really difficult, and although some of his actions make me think he likes me, other actions make me believe he doesn't. I explained that physical contact is important to me but how to initiate it when he chooses to sit as far away from me as possible is sooo much harder than I'd ever imagined. In the past me initiating the physical had never been a problem...

So the girls were trying to come up with ways I can at least get him on the same sofa as me. These girls are both married so they've been out of the dating in game for some time, I think they quite enjoy my humorous dating disasters and they always tell me that they miss some of the freedoms of being single. However, when you like someone, the last thing you want is the freedoms of being single you want to be with that person.

Anyhow like I said they were trying to come up with ways I could get him to sit on the same sofa as me. You see at his place he has what he calls "his chair". Why men get possessive about chairs I don't know but think about Joey and Chandler in Friends for a second and you catch my drift.

Way 1

When you arrive put you bag on his chair so he can't sit there.

Well, in theory that sounds fine, but in reality he's just going to move my stuff and sit down.

Way 2

Sit on his chair, then get up to use the loo and when you come back down sit on the same sofa as him

Again, while I'm in the bathroom he'll probably just get up and sit on his chair.

Way 3

Accidentally spill water on his chair

I'm all for trying to get him closer to me but to have to spill water on his furniture to achieve this sounds just a little extreme as did their next suggestion

Way 4

Take a hammer to the chair

Useful girls

Way 5

Take some photos and sit down on the sofa and ask him to come and look at the photos with you

This is by far the best idea, but Climber Dude has seen most of my good photos on facebook anyway, so I don't know waht I can show him

Way 6

Best Friend says: Take some of my photos to show him, he'll be like "Gretta why are you showing me photos of Best Friend" and you can be like "actually I just wanted to use them to get you on the same sofa as me so I can seduce you". Somehow I think he'll then finally get the hint.

Not a bad idea, one I'd consider but still maybe just a little extreme.


I must admit I like the photo ideas the best, and if he hadn't already seen my photos that would have been a good option. However, there is another option and I've thought about it since I left the girls last night so I've not managed to get their opinion.

A few years ago, when Climber Dude was off Climbing mountains on his own in the middle of France, I told him he should send me postcards at every chance he got. This was probably the first indication he had feeling for me. Yes I said years ago. He did send me postcards I have about 5 from him from that trip, and me being the girl I am kept those postcards, and of course I've always known where I put them, safe keeping. So what I could do is say "hey let me show you something look what I found today - the postcards you sent me from your trip" I'm sure he'd quite enjoy reading over the things he wrote to me at that time too. And he'll then know I kept the postcards and moreso know that I want things to go further, and he'll hopefully be on the same sofa as me....

Still unsure if it's too obvious!!! Maybe I should consult my girls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home