Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cup of Tea and a choccy biccy with Gretta

It’s the usual dead Thursday.

No one is in the office bar me today, we have some builders downstairs doing up the kitchen area but other than that, the office is dead.

So, lets fill you in on some of the events I’ve got coming up...

The last weekend in April I’m going mountain training in Wales. Should be ok, going with this group of people that are doing the 3 peaks in June. I’m still just doing the 1 peak but think that training will be essential – even if I am just doing the smallest mountain of the 3.

In May, The Ex is getting married, a group of us are going down South for the wedding. Climber Dude is a groomsman so he’ll be there, and best friend, best friend’s hubby and intellect are all going. Jerk Boy didn’t get an invite but he doesn’t know The Ex very well. I was a bit shocked I got an invite as The Ex’s future wife doesn’t really like me that much. I blame The Ex for that because I know that he has used me purposely in the past to make her jealous, so needless to say she has not reason to like me. But still I got an invite. The thing about The Ex is that we were good friend for 5 years before we started dating, then we had a very on off relationship for 3 years, and then we went back to being friends after that. Even though I can’t say our relationship was great we caused a lot of hurt to each other, but the fact we overcame and we remained friend. I’m kind of touched to have an invite. However it does mean that all of my serious boyfriends form the past come June will be married. What does that say about me, that the guys I went out with do want to settle down but not with me, or maybe they did want to with me but I was afraid to commit! I don’t really know what it means in all honesty.

In June I am going to go and climb a mountain. This is actually nothing to do with Climber Dude, although he’s a guide leader for the 3 peaks, and although he’s the one that invited me to do it. I set goals at the beginning of the year and one of my goals was to walk more. So doing this mountain and committing to the training just means, that I am reaching a personal goal I set.

In July Teddy is in the UK for 3 days I found this out yesterday when he emailed me. 3 days is rubbish what am I suppose to do with 3 days. He has a wedding to attend one of those days too, and although most of me wants him to say “Gretta come to the wedding as my plus one” and half of me knows he’s probably considered inviting me, the other part of me knows that all of his old school mates are going to be at this wedding, some of which he hasn’t seen for years. If I went he’d feel obliged to check I was ok, and you know what I actually want him to spend time with his friends that he hasn’t seen for ages. Although I do want to see him at some point over that 3 days if I don’t I’ll be devastated.

The last bit of news is that I have a married couple that I am friends with, actually they were kind of like second parents when I grew up. Long story I had the biggest crush on this lady’s son and her son used to invite me round lots, and we were friends, but for some reason he never seemed to want to be anything more than my friend and it turned out that I spent more time chatting to his mum and step dad then him. It was all a little odd situation, but soon I found his mum and step dad inviting me round for tea, and hanging out watching films on a Friday night, and we just became friends. I think they would have loved me to have dated her son, but her son just wasn’t bothered. Anyway how, second mum and step dad moved to Lanzarote with their 2 younger children and at Christmas they came back and I saw them while they were here and they told me off for not visiting them as yet. I felt back because they were so good to me while I was growing up. So, I’ve emailed htem and said I am going to try and book a flight in September and go and spend a week with them. Result a week in the sun just before the English winter kicks in.

So things are pretty busy in my world over the next few months, a few things to look forward to and embrace.

I’ll keep you posted. But for now I should get back to work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

It looks to me like you have a lot to look forward to..

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home