Thursday, February 07, 2008

Charity Event V Childish Dilemma

I popped to my local last night, the place where the gang tend to hang out. Climber Dude was there and not many others. I briefly spoke to him but I didn’t stick around long because no one else was there and I'm still thinking distance is good for us.

However, while at the pub a girl talked me into buying a ticket to a charity event she’s running this Saturday night. At first I didn’t want to get a ticket not because I’m a stinge , but vecause I wasn’t sure who was going and if I'd know anyone, anyway she let me look at her list of people she’d already got to buy tickets and low and behold there were quite a few people on the list I knew…

Jerk Boy
Intellect
Intellect’s new man (yes I don’t think I’ve mentioned that but that would be the reason I’ve not mentioned Intellect lately)
Musicman
Musicman’s girl
Climber Dude

So I thought to myself, ahh Jerk Boy is on the list – I’ll be fine and I got a ticket, thinking whatever it’ll be a good Saturday night out.

Anyway, I text Jerk Boy today and he text me back telling me she railroaded him into buying a ticket but he already has plans that night so isn’t going even though he has a ticket. I called Musicman’s girl earlier and she told me she didn’t know if she and musicman were going to make it now because she has to work late on Saturday and wont get home in time.

This is when I realised, it may end up - me, Climber Dude, Intellect and Intellect’s new man!!!!
Ahhh this could be a problem.. I didn’t recognise anyone else I knew on the list and although the people there will generally be from the local area it’s not like I can sit down and chat to them, which subsequently means it’ll end up me and Climber Dude.

I’ve had an email from Intellect saying she’s definitely going and wants me to go because we haven’t caught up in ages (because she’s been busy if you get me).

I know if I go me and Climber Dude will end up chatting all night long, I don’t want to undo the strong work I’ve done at putting healthy distance between us, but I also know the girl who was selling tickets wont be happy if loads of people don’t turn up and I feel like I should support her, she’s doing a good thing, Intellect wants me to go and I do so want to catch up with her.
However, I just don’t know if I CAN go.

I know, I feel like I’m acting like an immature 13 year old, but it really is quite a dilemma. If I go I'll want to spend the night with Climber Dude, because I wont want to spend the night watching Intellect be all loved up with the new man.

1 Comments:

Blogger bondibetty said...

OK, how about you go and meet some new people? It sounds like you're ripe for moving on in you're life and these kinds of things are the perfect opportunity to get out there!

Get dressed up, look fabulous - and meet some new crew!

Yes, it's hard.
Yes, it's awkward.

But why not take the opportunity? If you make a conscious effort NOT to talk to Climber Dude, then you'll not do it!.

Plus, it seems like he's involved with all your social activities, why not meet some people who he won't be involved with.

Honey: Put on your big girl pants and GO!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home