Thursday, January 17, 2008

Inspired by KB.

  1. Arrive at hospital at 7.30am
  2. Don't get called for op untill 11.30am - that meant a 4hour wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. While waiting annoying old man with memory problems asked me the same question 3 times
  4. After I had the op there was no room on the ward so I was put in a room just off the ward by myself and the nurses forgot I was there
  5. Then my mum phoned to ask if I was ready to be picked up, and the nurse told her I wouldn't be ready for another 2 hours, but I WAS FINE, AND READY and I've had worse done in the past and they let me go home earlier - I was pissed coz I could hear the whole conversation.
  6. While waiting I realised how much I missed Climber Dude, the last few times I've been in hospital he's either visited, called, or text to find out how I am. I was really struggling with not seeing him.
  7. While waiting for a nurse to realise that I exist I had a text conversation with Jerk Boy about whether or not I should text Climber Dude to let him know I'm ok.
  8. Jerk Boy wasn't helpful so I decided to text Climber Dude
  9. My mum finally picked me up, and we had a row in the car on the way home about how long I should stay off work. I plan on going back on Monday my mum isn't happy about that, she's gona have to get over it though.
  10. Have to now stay at my folks for the night as I need supervision - blah.
  11. However, my mum did buy me a nice huge bar of chocolate
  12. Jerk Boy and Intellect visited me and made me smile, Intellect bought me flowers and Jerk Boy ate the chocolate my mum bought me.
  13. Climber Dude replied to my text, he was quite sweet actually and it made me feel a heap better, I'm glad I text him. He's still skiing and it sounds like he's having fun.
  14. I'm bored and will subsequently be bored all weekend.
  15. Oh and have I mentioned.... I HATE HOSPITALS.

4 Comments:

Blogger *kb* said...

I LOVE hospitals! :-) Glad to hear you'll only be suffering with a case of boredom this weekend!! Yeah!! Heal up sister!!

5:05 PM  
Blogger bondibetty said...

Poor Gretta... makes sure you watch lots of girly movies:

* Thelma & Louise
* The Sweetest Thing
* Muriel's Wedding
* Blue Crush
* 9 to 5
* Working Girl

That will make you feel strong and independent! And they're top films as well. Enjoy the rest babe... try not to get too bored.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Hospitals... suck.

I got in a pretty nice car accident once and they put me in one of those head braces just to be safe...

I asked four times over the course of three hours to be let out of it -- after they got my xrays back -- and for a glass of water and a tylenol.

I got none of those. I finally ripped the brace off myself.

So yeah, to hell with hospitals.

9:09 PM  
Blogger coffeesnob said...

"working girl" makes no sense.

by the way, was it a cherry ripe?

all in all another joyous nhs experience. makes me wonder why the english are so eager to keep it. it's foul. push it over and start again.

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home